RE: Update!!
Rofl, i was so surprised to see my opponent lose only 1 point today too Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: supertitan.gif] Adorables Player [Image: supertitan.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
what would be the use of trying to maintain the top spot or try to get to the top?
does the number 1 in the division have a higher chance to get promoted?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
best thing would be to display the skill rating and not an artificial point system skewed by a strong level of activity influence. I still don't get what would be wrong in displaying the skill rating directly...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Hooray for the new point system! ... Or the change at least. Hopefully I'll still be satisfied down the road. The only bugbear is the "assuming same time played" caveat. Possibly some sort of levelling equation could be applied where your points total is multiplied by the highest number of games played in your league divided by your own games played total. You could have a minimum games played entry level of say 20 games where any players under that threshold are greyed out.

As for displaying the hidden rating instead I just don't think it's sexy. Imagine winning 3 consecutive games and going from 4.32 to 4.33 ( along those lines anyway).

Everything Changes
01-30-2013, 01:40 AM
(01-29-2013 10:22 PM)Random Task Wrote:  best thing would be to display the skill rating and not an artificial point system skewed by a strong level of activity influence. I still don't get what would be wrong in displaying the skill rating directly...

I disagree, human-readability is usually not a top priority for a skill rating system. The system can work with it, but you wouldn't know what to make of it.
It would also introduce several psychological problems like "I just won a whole lot of skill rating, losing a game now is a huge risk, so I'll just enjoy my time in the high spot and play random matches until the season ends.", to name just one - there are several others and most of them are detrimental to player motivation.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2013, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 03:28 AM by Ja Karta.)
I know it's too early to say, but: Is it just me or is the Brambler worse now?
Against heavies and snipers I'm in a losing battle, spending wits while not making any. This is on top of the very high wit cost of setting up multiple parent seeds and extending branches.

If Brambler didn't take so long and so much to set-up it would be cool. If they went soldier heavy I could go Brambler if they went heavy/sniper heavy I could just skip my special. But brambler takes too long to 'set-up' to react to unit composition and is too heavy an investment to allow me to take advantage of enemy heavy/sniper investment. Especially given that Veggies don't have any (obvious?) way of breaking a turtling opponent; but counter to brambler is to use turtling units.

Come to think of it Veggies don't have a rush counter or a turtle counter.
I think I'm done with Veggies for quite awhile. I've been playing them 60% of the time until now, but the special never helps me *win*; it just makes for a fun way to capitalize on games where I'm already winning. It's a handicap against similarly skilled players... :/

[Edit: I guess I can use it in games with less skilled friends; as a handicap race... :/ ]

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
A rush counter would be mass Bramble branch spawning.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-30-2013, 03:15 AM
I am of the same opinion, I tried to play with Veggies on Peekaboo, but my opponent out quickly a sniper ...

As a result, I can't create brambles because my opponent kills them immediately (without consuming a wit).

[Image: supertitan.gif] Adorables Player [Image: supertitan.gif]
01-30-2013, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 03:31 AM by Ja Karta.)
(01-30-2013 03:12 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  A rush counter would be mass Bramble branch spawning.

Parent-Child rule + one direct child/parent/turn means you can't mass barrier spawn quickly. It's also incredibly expensive.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-30-2013, 03:29 AM
(01-30-2013 03:24 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  Parent-Child rule + one child/parent/turn means you can't mass barrier spawn. It's also incredibly expensive.
So you're saying placing a 3 HP "Soldier" (in terms of defense) hypothetically anywhere on the field at the cost of 1 (without having to move to the destination) is expensive?

Interesting. Wink

I like the change, I guess, as stated previously it was overpowered in the beta but as they added +1 wit I guess it's counterable. If it's still insufficient there's always the option to have rooting/unrooting cost 1 just like the Bombshell.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]