Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confirm to attack button
01-27-2013, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 12:25 PM by Taytaydu4.)
RE: Undo/confirm to attack button
(01-27-2013 11:59 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  
(01-27-2013 11:58 AM)Taytaydu4 Wrote:  For the longest time I wanted an undo button, but then I realized people would abuse it and it would take away fro the game. So I am rather glad for the lack of undo buttons

How would this be abused? Maybe an undo button, yes. A confirm to do an action? Not at all.

Ahhh i was only addressing the undo button thing, not confirm attack. I think confirm attack button would be great, especially when playing on the small screen of your iPhone/ iPod.

GC: ChibiDufour
USA
Gifted League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 12:26 PM by Dr.LASR.)
(01-27-2013 12:23 PM)Taytaydu4 Wrote:  
(01-27-2013 11:59 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  
(01-27-2013 11:58 AM)Taytaydu4 Wrote:  For the longest time I wanted an undo button, but then I realized people would abuse it and it would take away fro the game. So I am rather glad for the lack of undo buttons

How would this be abused? Maybe an undo button, yes. A confirm to do an action? Not at all.

Ahhh i was only addressing the undo button thing, not confirm attack. I think confirm attack button would be great, especially when playing on the small scream of your iPhone/ iPod.

Exactly my point. My finger alone covers over a quarter of the screen
(01-27-2013 11:54 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  Short term solution: Buy an Ipad.

In all seriousness though this would be impossible to balance undo's as to not make it too easy to abuse spawning a runner, checking the field, undoing the runner, spawning somethi else. Confirms though, i could see working.

Also, I am using an iPad... Confused
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
(01-27-2013 12:07 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  Start attacking, short of wits? Undoing would detract from the careful planning and execution of attacks.

I could go either way on that one.
Another option besides action confirmation (which shouldn't be on by default to be sure) is just the option to zoom. (Not that I haven't accidentally grown a barrier while trying to pan before, but still...)

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: confirm to attack button
I think there's no reason not to implement a confirmation like for moving, that can be turned on/off in the options.

Meanwhile, you can drag attacks from your unit to the target, instead of just clicking on the target - you see exactly which unit is being targeted before you release.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!