Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confirm to attack button
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 12:07 PM by Dr.LASR.)
confirm to attack button
Countless times throughout my Outwitters career, I have accidently done something multiple times. Let it be sparing the wrong unit, selecting the wrong unit, attacking the wrong unit, etc. Again, multiple times I have lost the game because of this error. It would be much more nice to have this button. There is absolutely no harm in doing so, and will allow a much easier gameplay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: Undo/confirm to attack button
YES I've made a medic instead of a soldier by accident twice and it's cost me the game both times
01-27-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 11:55 AM by Phyresis.)
Short term solution: Buy an Ipad.

In all seriousness though this would be impossible to balance undo's as to not make it too easy to abuse spawning a runner, checking the field, undoing the runner, spawning somethi else. Confirms though, i could see working.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-27-2013, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 11:57 AM by .Memories..)
(01-27-2013 11:45 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  Countless times throughout my Outwitters career, I have accidently done something multiple times. Let it be sparing the wrong unit, selecting the wrong unit, attacking the wrong unit, etc. Again, multiple times I have lost the game because of this error. It would be much more nice to have this button. There is absolutely no harm in doing so, and will allow a much easier gameplay.

There is harm in this, however, due to the fog of war. It can be abused. For example, if you attack with one unit for a kill, which reveals another unit behind it that can only be killed with the unit you attacked with. With this button, you now have an advantage knowing what unit is there. Also, let's say you can't see around your own spawn because your opponent took out a few units around it. With this button, you could spawn a runner, see what's around, then undo and spawn the most appropriate unit.

The only sensible thing to add could be a confirm, which is already there for movement. Just pay attention to what you're doing, though, and this should not be a problem.

* Edit: Phyresis beat me to it Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 11:57 AM by jbadams01.)
Well, there would be a way to cheat using the undo button. Say the other team is feedback. You could move a soldier and see his/her scrambler. If it is 5-6 spaces away, you could spawn a runner and kill his scrambler.
Memories said pretty much the same thing as me before I posted it.

May the wits be with you
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
For the longest time I wanted an undo button, but then I realized people would abuse it and it would take away fro the game. So I am rather glad for the lack of undo buttons

GC: ChibiDufour
USA
Gifted League
01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
(01-27-2013 11:58 AM)Taytaydu4 Wrote:  For the longest time I wanted an undo button, but then I realized people would abuse it and it would take away fro the game. So I am rather glad for the lack of undo buttons

How would this be abused? Maybe an undo button, yes. A confirm to do an action? Not at all.
01-27-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 12:04 PM by Ja Karta.)
(01-27-2013 11:48 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  YES I've made a medic instead of a soldier by accident twice and it's cost me the game both times

Haha. I just did that in a game.
I now have three medics on Thorn Gully. Still I boosted one of them and assigner has a central wit sitter after using the other as a spawn sitter while I countered an earlier attack. (Just barely! Smile )

It would be nice if there were an option to undo actions that don't yield info. e.g. if you're not exploring the fog of war or affecting a unit that's dynamically linked (i.e. bramble barriers) then there's no harm in undoing.

That said from a design standpoint it might confuse some?

Anyway: I'd *much* rather a streamlined replay function be introduced or an option to show last known positions of units in FoW along with whether you saw the move.

I've lost or held people up far more because of ridiculously long replays that I skipped or waited to get around to watching than misclicks!Angry

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Obviously, no Undo button it is. But I have rather large fingers. It's nearly impossible to tap in the right spot sometimes.
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
(01-27-2013 12:03 PM)Ja Karta Wrote:  It would be nice if there were an option to undo actions that don't yield info. e.g. if you're not exploring the fog of war or affecting a unit that's dynamically linked (i.e. bramble barriers) then there's no harm in undoing.

Undoing has been discussed in the past, and there may be harm in what you said Wink Start attacking, short of wits? Undoing would detract from the careful planning and execution of attacks.

Action confirmation may still be on the board however.