Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Heavy Discussion
01-20-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: Heavy Discussion
It sound doable, Vlad, but in my opinion you end up going to slow. You would have to rein in the runners and the heavies might get killed by snipers before you get there.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
It's really about balance of using all your units wisely, and although I love the Heavy the Soldier is more reliable to use as a wall. Your opponents would be able to out-maneuverer you.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm probably a noob, but i like the heavy for defence when I'm overwhelmed, or when its a small map(glitch) and a heavy can easily(spawn effectively) take care of soldiers that could retreat to defend.

just spawn, and kill the invaders/border soldiers. makes defense harder when they r overwhelmed.

i personally spawn heavies when ever i don't plan on special, i have the budget or don't need a runner/soldier that turn.(or when i play adorables on glitch, as no mobi gives me like 12 wits at end of game)

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
01-21-2013, 05:14 AM
(01-20-2013 04:25 PM)Vladaco Wrote:  Well....how about on some maps when u start with a heavy and u have 8 wit points to start off with. Would it be a good idea to:
1) take the wit point
2) make a heavy
3) position it with your other heavy together
4)Get a medic with them
4) try to get a runner (or if u have one) scout to see what's up with your opponent
5) push in with 2 tanks, a medic, some runners
Would that work?

I have tried this, mostly on Sweetie Plains. The problem is on a big map, pushing a heavy over is already very costly... trying to mobilize both of them without a whale to TP you is extremely difficult. You're better off with soldiers.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-22-2013, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 06:19 AM by bobolynx.)
I'm still only in gifted, but this is how I use heavies. when not mobiing I generally use overhealed heavies to threaten the opponent but not as major attack, because overhealed is just a sniper soldier combo, and not overhealed is a soldier soldier combo, so within snipe zone heavies arent worth the travel cost. on the other hand, as people dont attack so much wit heavies, an overhealed defensive heavy requires a soldier soldier soldier or soldier soldier runner combo. heavies are useful when capping wit tiles, as they create defense when they get there, and on the attack they can take out soldiers and require a combo just to defend against them, which is a bit expensive. I don't do heavy capping that often, but necrocat started me doing some xD

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
01-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Heavies are also very good against veggies as veggies can't transport units that does 3+ damage effectively. If they go through wit the 3hp thorns heavies just got another use as well.

Soldier spam FTW
01-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I usually use heavys with my mobi

GC: ChibiDufour
USA
Gifted League
01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I spawned it sometimes when I have Bombshell ready and wits left. (Both I and my opp turtle.) A 5-hp heavy gives the least wit-per-kill because it is the only unit that cannot be killed by only 2 soldiers. And when kill 3hp unit near the base when you know if spawning a sniper instead it will die the next turn. I don't use it on offense.
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Since I use Feedback almost exclusively, I rarely spawn Heavies, but I use them a lot. I just steal the opponent's Tongue

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
01-24-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 07:26 AM by Ja Karta.)
Has anyone ever beta'd the Heavy at a cost of 3 wits, instead of 4?

A boosted soldier costs 3 : 4 health; 2 damage; 3 move
A basic heavy costs 4(3?) : 4 health; 3 damage; 2 move

Now, a boosted soldier also requires a medic and a basic heavy has the potential to go to 5 health. On the other hand, 2 move is a HUGE disadvantage.

I'm just curious if anyone's ever tried adjusting the heavy cost. Perhaps it would promote overly defensive play. Would be nice to see more cause for diversity introduced though and even cheap heavies face a lot of danger from Scramblers, Mobis, and ~Scallywags.

If bramble barriers get boosted to 3 health (while returning a wit on kill) that might give heavies more purpose too...

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )