Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Heavy Discussion
01-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Rainbow Heavy Discussion
I think that it would be good to get a feel for exactly how the heavy gets used because it's the only unit that I don't do much maths for, calculating wits and such, what I DO know is these are the benefits of the Heavy:

-Gives your opponent least wit-for-kill value
-Good to spawn when you are missing your medic
-Good to spawn vs 3hp Soldiers
-Good to get large damage and bulk close to your spawn in a pinch
-Generated wit advantage if you use it as a threat vs units slightly too far for a sniper to be threatening

I would like some ideas for thoughts and such? I've not seen much discussion Heavy-wise and some players still see Heavies as unviable, whilst I use them often.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Heavy Discussion
I'm not too skilled myself, but I tend to use heavies mainly on the smaller maps, because for me it's too costly to send them all the way across a big map. The other main heavy use for me is similar to a sniper spawning to take care of a 3hp unit near my spawn point, but with added defense afterwards.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-20-2013, 07:57 AM
I dont really understand why, but i dont think i have ever spawned one. Only used pre spawned.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-20-2013, 08:02 AM
This is more of a Mobi perk, but transporting a Heavy across the map for defense of offense can be pretty clutch.
01-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Yeah Breaumont, if I was an Adorable player I'd probably use heavies a lot more

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Especially with how reapers pre deployed heavy is so deadly.

I actually use it most against Adorables because snipers are so common.

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-20-2013, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 09:03 AM by laYahooz.)
Heavies are pretty good units. In a long game I try to have one or two out.

Playing as the veggienauts I often find it viable to spawn a couple of heavies. I mean, no one would spawn 2 flowers so what do you do with all those wits? Well make more roots but I also spawn some treemen. Heavies, in a way, are kind of like another special unit for the veggies since you can do a lot of cool tactics with it. It's very fun to hide a heavy in a garden and then jump out and bring the noise on 3hp soldiers Tongue
Also heavies/snipers are the only ways that the veggie's can take out a bombshell. Though you still lose the trade when you do Sad. Learned that in my game vs goHeat3.

Playing feedback I don't spawn a heavy unless I'm in deep shit. I stack up the wits as feedback to always have a constant threat of spawning a scrambler. Also playing against feedback I try to avoid using a heavy.

Playing adorables I will spawn 1 or 2 heavies on large maps. Don't really play the teddy bear team much.

As scallywags I only really spawn a heavy on small maps like glitch. 4hp soldiers are good enough.

So............. I think the heavy is a good unit. It is not as situational as it used to be. Its always good to have one.
Also in 2v2 heavies are really good. Have one player spawn 2 (which is a lot of wits!) and then the other play as backup. My most used opening on machination as p1 is to take my wit space and spawn a heavy.
01-20-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 09:35 AM by Necrocat219.)
Alvendor would Big Grin

And haha, yeah thats my instinct with Feedback too, you can often deliberately make some unfavourable trades that if your opponent agrees to carry out you can just spawn a scrambler.

01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
As feedback I still never spawn them (and I'm glad when my opponent does). I've only spawned them in the rare case where it's the only way to keep my base from taking damage that would result I'm defeat.
01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Well....how about on some maps when u start with a heavy and u have 8 wit points to start off with. Would it be a good idea to:
1) take the wit point
2) make a heavy
3) position it with your other heavy together
4)Get a medic with them
4) try to get a runner (or if u have one) scout to see what's up with your opponent
5) push in with 2 tanks, a medic, some runners
Would that work?

Cool vlad Cool