Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
02-28-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - GROUP PLAY
I haven't started any group games yet, but...

Shouldn't we wait for the map update to come out? It comes with a Bramble buff and will therefore BIAS EVERY GAME WITH VEGGIENAUTS IN THEM. I honestly don't think that a rule change midst a tournament game is a cool thing to happen.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm waiting for group 2 to finish before I start matches....

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-28-2013, 04:24 AM
@Harti!

That is a good point, but I also do not want to delay the tournament as much as possible. Since they haven't even submitted the patch yet it will probably still be a minimum 1-2 weeks before we see it.

I won't change the map pool for the Group Play rounds even with the new update, but I will probably incorporate some of the new maps into the Elimination round once they arrive.

Fortunately, most people haven't been playing Veggies in the tournament. But, if you want to play Veggies, I am okay with those players waiting until the update before starting/accepting their Group games. Just try to finish them on time still! Tongue
02-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Bump.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Bump.
02-28-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 06:33 AM by awpertunity.)
(02-26-2013 02:44 AM)Gfich Wrote:  So... I'm gonna do another clean-up sweep to counter the long-thread-lag-thing. Can I clean up everything up to page 36, since the group play has started already?

Deleting old posts won't help with the thread lag, that has nothing to do with the length of the thread. Each time someone tries to submit a post and gets the "bad_directive_error" (or something like that), the post gets posted to the thread but the forum doesn't recognize the post was added. The number of pages shown in the thread is based on how many posts the forum thinks are in the thread versus how many there actually are.

Right now the forum thinks we just got to 401 posts, and thus opened up the 41st (or 9th with 50 posts/page) page of the thread, however the thread actually has 416 posts now, causing a 15 post lag at this point. Deleting the first 360 posts won't solve anything because the 15 post difference will still be there.

The more posts there are in a thread the higher the chance of the error occurring and so it may look like the cause is just a long thread, but it is not.
02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
(02-28-2013 06:32 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 02:44 AM)Gfich Wrote:  So... I'm gonna do another clean-up sweep to counter the long-thread-lag-thing. Can I clean up everything up to page 36, since the group play has started already?

Deleting old posts won't help with the thread lag, that has nothing to do with the length of the thread. Each time someone tries to submit a post and gets the "bad_directive_error" (or something like that), the post gets posted to the thread but the forum doesn't recognize the post was added. The number of pages shown in the thread is based on how many posts the forum thinks are in the thread versus how many there actually are.

Right now the forum thinks we just got to 401 posts, and thus opened up the 41st (or 9th with 50 posts/page) page of the thread, however the thread actually has 416 posts now, causing a 15 post lag at this point. Deleting the first 360 posts won't solve anything because the 15 post difference will still be there.

The more posts there are in a thread the higher the chance of the error occurring and so it may look like the cause is just a long thread, but it is not.

What a cogent explanation! How do you know this?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
(02-28-2013 10:30 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 06:32 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  

What a cogent explanation! How do you know this?

I don't know it for sure lol. Let's just call it my best guess from what I've noticed Tongue
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwtP7Agw
Yury timed out.
03-01-2013, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 03:20 AM by Harti.)
(02-28-2013 04:24 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  But, if you want to play Veggies, I am okay with those players waiting until the update before starting/accepting their Group games. Just try to finish them on time still! Tongue

Is it too naive of me to think that a Veggienauts ban would help this situation? While I also am concerned about balance being an issue, the fact that OSN and the internal Outwitters replay viewer had issues when the Bramble got its 3HP thorns frightens me. What if I'm in a game against Veggies and the game crashes on the replay because there's been a change to how the Thorns work? Will you call the game void?

It's just I want to be sure about what's going to happen before I enter or start any games here, not that I'll end up being in the center of a rules debate shitstorm once again. Angel

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]