Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheating or bug?
01-01-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Cheating or bug?
(12-31-2012 05:06 PM)mansaf Wrote:  
(12-31-2012 04:39 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  For future reference, OSN has a peculiar behavior where the +1 Wit you receive from a kill or scramble doesn't show up until the next move. It used to confuse me quite a bit, especially when the Wit counter sits on zero for a couple of moves.

Yeah I realize that, still confuses the crap out of me in normal moves, it's even more confusing when you don't realize scrambling returns a wit. Hope they update the site to show that change in a better way. Although I think outwitters should show the wits during replays, makes it clearer when people cheat and helps makes strategizing a little easier.

I haven't experienced cheating first hand, but from what I heard, when people watch the replay of match where someone cheated the replay often screws up at the part where he cheated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Basically cheating = insta-crash on replay.

03-30-2013, 10:53 PM
I have a replay that I can't figure out. It seems to me that at turn 3 he should have 6 wit but uses7. Then again at turn 9 he should have 10 but uses 11 and at turn 13 should have 6 but uses 8. Could someone help me understand where I might be mis counting?
Thanks...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkKeZAww
03-30-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 11:12 PM by TheGreatAnt.)
ZN 13 Wrote:Game
According to your replay and a quick overview, I do not notice any foul play. Remember to take in account that the player gets +1 wit for a kill, which offsets that wit it took to use that killing action. Anytime a unit is killed, the player is rewarded with a wit, so it is pretty much 0 wits it takes to do the action (but you must have at least 1 wit to preform the action)

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi ZN 13!

I'm unable to detect anything suspicious in that replay.
For example: On turn 1 he only spent 4 wits, so he has 1 left over. He get's an additional 6 Wits (5+1 from the wit space) at the beginning of turn 3, so he has 7 to work with.

Concerning the other turns you mentioned: Have you factored in, that you get one wit returned, whenever you kill a unit?

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
03-31-2013, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 12:13 AM by ZN 13.)
Hello Eijolend,

I must be missing something is right away.. On round one I counted 5 wits.
Move heavy 1
Move soldier 1
Spawn soldier 3
No kills on round one so no wit returned
Which one did I mis count?
Thanks for the help!

Hi guys

Scratch that! There is my mistake as i thought it cost 3 to spawn a soldier..that explains all my math confusion. All this time I thought they cost 3 .. Explains why I play so poorly!
Thanks for the help.
03-31-2013, 03:13 AM
3 wits for soldier? A bit expensive if ya ask me.