Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheating or bug?
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 02:56 PM by mansaf.)
Cheating or bug?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6oSnAgw

Check out this replay, on my opponents last turn, he had 10 wits to start, killed 3, so his max wits used should be 13. But if you count his moves, he used 14.

So it's one of three, either I miss counted and he had 11 at the start of the turn (even though osn shows 10) or there's a bug that gave him an extra wit when he scrambled my soldier, or he cheated.

Any explanation would be appreciated.

I know I didn't play the game right and would've lost without that extra wit. But I just want to understand where the extra wit came from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: Cheating or bug?
Link?

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Scrambling gives you a Wit, too, dood.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I can't help. I can only watch it on my phone. :'(

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-31-2012, 02:59 PM
(12-31-2012 02:55 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  Scrambling gives you a Wit, too, dood.

But the replay doesn't show the extra wit gained animation, so is it intended to give the wit but the animation is bugged so it doesn't show?
12-31-2012, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 03:00 PM by game_taker.)
Bug in the wit counter, turn 10 he kills a runner and the wit counter doesn't consider it and takes away a wit without giving him one back.

Edit:
Nevermind, after that he spawns a solider and it only takes away 1 wit instead of 2.
12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
(12-31-2012 02:59 PM)game_taker Wrote:  Bug in the wit counter, turn 10 he kills a runner and the wit counter doesn't consider it and takes away a wit without giving him one back.

Not sure, the animation showed the +1 on that kill.

In either case if its a bug, and he got a wit from scrambling that explains it, but the devs should fix the animation so it shows he got one.
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes, indeed scrambling does grant an extra wit, similar to a kill.
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
For future reference, OSN has a peculiar behavior where the +1 Wit you receive from a kill or scramble doesn't show up until the next move. It used to confuse me quite a bit, especially when the Wit counter sits on zero for a couple of moves.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-31-2012, 05:06 PM
(12-31-2012 04:39 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  For future reference, OSN has a peculiar behavior where the +1 Wit you receive from a kill or scramble doesn't show up until the next move. It used to confuse me quite a bit, especially when the Wit counter sits on zero for a couple of moves.

Yeah I realize that, still confuses the crap out of me in normal moves, it's even more confusing when you don't realize scrambling returns a wit. Hope they update the site to show that change in a better way. Although I think outwitters should show the wits during replays, makes it clearer when people cheat and helps makes strategizing a little easier.

1vs1 League: Gifted League