Poll: What happens if we bmp everything
Nothing
I love polls
No more sleepy man
Lets do it
I spend way to much time in here
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bump everything
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Bump everything
What would happen if we bump every thread.
Probably not much, a waste of time and no sleepy man in outwitters catagory.
Hehehe. Is a bump decided by amount or something, cause if u bump it will it go to top for a while

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: Bump everything
bump!

Bumping is mostly used to get rid of caching issues caused by a WordPress plugin (I guess it's W3TC). As the /forums/ folder lies within the WordPress directory, W3TC caches forum pages as well. If you happen to post something right after the server cached how the certain thread looked like, your post is not going to appear. This is to reduce server bandwidth usage but quite annoying. Occasionally, when somebody else posts something else afterwards, the cache for that particular thread gets cleared, displaying all posts that have been made.

This is the main reason people are bumping threads everywhere. It's not a cool solution but it's one of the few ways to avoid the caching issues.

PS. I voted for "Let's do it" and "I spend way too much time in here"! Big Grin

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

12-31-2012, 09:13 AM
If every thread got bumped in the reverse order...nothing Tongue End up with the same arrangement of threads. And it would take a long time. Particularly if everyone bumped each thread once Big Grin
12-31-2012, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 11:03 AM by brayton.)
Thanks harti- so its to reduce post lag in a way- i aorta get what you mean.
Quantum- it would take ages- unless 40 or so people each bumped an entire page of threads Smile
Also i ment i sorta get what you mean, not i aorta get what you mean Smile

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos