Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 wit spaces
12-28-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2012 10:46 PM by brayton.)
2v2 wit spaces
Hi all, just asking whether some high end players think its a good idea or plan to capture both of your teams immediate wit spaces(flag points)- so you would be 1/2(half)! A wit ahead.
Assuming no FTA balancing(8 wits for player/team 2)
2 wit points taken-me. Total income 5 (of team)
Opponent 1 takes wit point Total income 5 (of team)
Income of 5- partner. Total income 10
Opponent 2 takes wit point. Total income 10
Income of 7 wits- me. Total income 17
Income of 6- opponent 1. Total income 16
Income of 5- partner. Total income 22
Income of 6- opponent 2. Total income 22
Income of 7 wits- me. Total income 29
Income of 6 wits- opponent 1. Total income 28
Income of 5 wits- partner. Total income 34
Income of 6 wits- opponent 2. Total income 34
Income of 7 wits- me. Total income 41
Income of 6 wits- opponent 1. Total income 40
Income of 5 wits- partner. Total income 46
Income of 6 wits- opponent 2. Total income 46
Income of 7 wits- me. Total income 53
Income of 6 wits- opponent 1. Total income 52
my justification for 1/2 a wit is the time difference.
You( your team)are getting 1 wit earlier than the opposing team by 2 turns( your turn you get 7, they get 6, your partner suffers and repays the team balance to equal of opponent total income), but you must pay it back/equilise/balance each teams wit income later.

in a perfect game with no wit wasting and good efficientcy could it make a difference or is it just a slight advantage in the earlier turns.
It may not make a positive difference due to units with different wit investment/kill efficiencies of the units. Second the initial investment to acquire both wit spaces may take some time to make worth if the units aren't of use(though runners would have best efficientcy in this case).
Third is the swing In wits available-
7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5 for your team
6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6 for the opponents
Working as a team in combat is key, since if you can attack soldier, and partner can kill before its his turn to use(so the soldier never attacks). The swing in avalability may change how you/partner use efficient units, how you do clever group combat and teamwork, and each teams units- surely it is better if you and partner share bombshells, rather than you having two and he none. Though it may be different if using aggressive units, where you can create/influence the environment to a greater extent. But that would require better scouting.

So in the end could it make a difference- getting one wit earlier than you would otherwise
Could the swing in wit avalability change combact- I definitely think so
You would have two more than he(partner), and him with two less,could have a large impact- probably negative if not utilized properly.
(partner) 7 turns = 5+5+5+5+5+5+5 = 35 wits = 5 specials
(you) 5 turns= 7+7+7+7+7 = 35 wits = 5 specials
2/5 extra wits than him= 40 % more in same time.
Could this be used and manipulated to your advantage.

7/5 wit income n 2v2 could also allow for partner to invest more into setup on his side, at the cost of you having less available wits in first turn and more forever after.

Worth it or not

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: 2v2 wit spaces
i never really analyzed it to the point that you did but i think its better if its 6/6.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-28-2012, 11:30 PM
I think 6/6 is easiest in terms of the balance of both teammates, since this would make no real positive difference. I think it could be used to work, not the 1/2 earlier thing, but the 40% extra wits compared to partner, though might be easy to beat
Probably pretty volatile

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
12-29-2012, 03:27 AM
I love all of the Outwitters math analasyis, but all you have to do is see that cheater replay where the cheater loses. After watching that, the math becomes less significant, IMO. It's all about how you use it. As a general rule, I think 6/6 is better. Having said that, we're in a game vs Wakenator and Josh360 where Wakenator took both to start and popped a mobi on his second turn. The game isn't over but I can tell you that the mobi is driving me crazy. A few turns later they went back to 6/6, costing them a couple wits in the changeover. Not sure yet how negatively it's affected them, but my assumption is the value of the mobi being out, outweighs the minus 2 wits.
12-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Eh. 6/6 is probably best. I think if it was 5/7 vs 6/6 the 6/6 can just exploit the 5s lack of wit and attack towards the 5 side.

iPro Clan
12-29-2012, 03:53 AM
I think it's probably most useful if you have a strategy in mind that involves one player rushing out a special as is the case in the game worldfamous mentioned. Otherwise I don't there's much point.
12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
you could start off normal and then use mobi to drop your partners unit on your wit space so you benfit from 6 wit for a while then your partner can start getting 7 with no downtime

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
With the mobi and the scrambler there are ways to fully capture a wit space in a single turn, which might be what Ryzuma is mentioning.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
How does that work with the scrambler?

I AM THE 99.9997%!

12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
I think that it is in good spirit to have it 6/6, considering if you take 7/5 then one turn is spent recapturing the allied spot OR you are expending wits to do so. Unless you are with a chosen partner and have planned out a strategy involving one player taking all wit spaces, it's probably best to share around the wits. Even more so with random partners.