Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
random 2v2 against team?
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
random 2v2 against team?
Should a random team in a random 2v2 match be getting set up against an established team? That doesn't seem quite right as the rankings are different for each.

I haven't even played that much and I have been set up twice in the last few games with a random teammate against the same two team members of an established and ranked team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: random 2v2 against team?
Are the rankings different? You and your random partner(s) most likely have a random rank similar to the rank of that team you're getting matched with. I believe that's how the system is designed, to make sure there are enough teams to keep everyone queuing engaged, if nothing else. I haven't thought too much about if I like that or keeping them separate better...
12-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't like that either. It just feels like a serious disadvantage, and i almost ragequitted on my latest game (my teammate is a complete moron).

12-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean. If you randomly get a partner, but the other team are friends who play together, then they have an unfair advantage. In fact, I just came from starting my third random match where my opponents are the same established team. That seems messed up as well.
12-21-2012, 12:33 AM
When you're playing 2v2 random, you can't take it that seriously can you? I mean, it's going to be your lowest ranking of any of the ranked game modes right? Your partner is random! I think we're lucky it's even ranked at all.
12-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm on random higher (almost Gifted) then with TheGreatAnt (still Clever)

01-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes, my random partner score is higher than my other scores (currently Master #2) but it still is strange that I get this one established team as an opponent in my random games.

I also have had really low ranked (even fluffy) as partner or being put up against low-ranked teams so when I win, I don't even get any points for it.

Are there just not enough players playing random partner teams?
01-28-2013, 04:28 AM
BTW I take 2v2 random VERY seriously. I even considered specializing on 2v2 random.