One Man Left Studios Community Forums
random 2v2 against team? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: random 2v2 against team? (/showthread.php?tid=1197)

random 2v2 against team? - The_Minister - 12-19-2012 03:50 PM

Should a random team in a random 2v2 match be getting set up against an established team? That doesn't seem quite right as the rankings are different for each.

I haven't even played that much and I have been set up twice in the last few games with a random teammate against the same two team members of an established and ranked team.

RE: random 2v2 against team? - aaronINdayton - 12-20-2012 01:43 AM

Are the rankings different? You and your random partner(s) most likely have a random rank similar to the rank of that team you're getting matched with. I believe that's how the system is designed, to make sure there are enough teams to keep everyone queuing engaged, if nothing else. I haven't thought too much about if I like that or keeping them separate better...

RE: random 2v2 against team? - Gf!sh - 12-20-2012 02:45 AM

I don't like that either. It just feels like a serious disadvantage, and i almost ragequitted on my latest game (my teammate is a complete moron).

RE: random 2v2 against team? - The_Minister - 12-20-2012 03:10 PM

Yeah, that's what I mean. If you randomly get a partner, but the other team are friends who play together, then they have an unfair advantage. In fact, I just came from starting my third random match where my opponents are the same established team. That seems messed up as well.

RE: random 2v2 against team? - aaronINdayton - 12-21-2012 12:33 AM

When you're playing 2v2 random, you can't take it that seriously can you? I mean, it's going to be your lowest ranking of any of the ranked game modes right? Your partner is random! I think we're lucky it's even ranked at all.

RE: random 2v2 against team? - Gf!sh - 12-21-2012 02:31 AM

I'm on random higher (almost Gifted) then with TheGreatAnt (still Clever)

RE: random 2v2 against team? - The_Minister - 01-27-2013 06:55 PM

Yes, my random partner score is higher than my other scores (currently Master #2) but it still is strange that I get this one established team as an opponent in my random games.

I also have had really low ranked (even fluffy) as partner or being put up against low-ranked teams so when I win, I don't even get any points for it.

Are there just not enough players playing random partner teams?

RE: random 2v2 against team? - Gf!sh - 01-28-2013 04:28 AM

BTW I take 2v2 random VERY seriously. I even considered specializing on 2v2 random.