Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game abandoners in 2 v 2
12-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Game abandoners in 2 v 2
Started a 2 v 2 and the guy playing with me gives up on turn 5.... what is a man to do about this as it screws up rank bad with new point system not working right...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YldWSAgw

Should these guys guys get a week ban for this action or not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 04:17 AM
RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2
While that is extremely frustrating, there is no way they will get banned for this kind of behavior. The best you can hope for is that OML decides to implement a way to keep playing even after your partner leaves the game (you will be able to take your partner's turns as if s/he were still playing). This is how it is done in Starcraft 2 when your ally leaves in a 2v2.

Until then, don't play random games? If I were you I would find a partner on the forums to play 2v2 with. I'm sure someone would be glad to play 2v2 arranged team games with you =)

By the way, this is the wrong forum. Next time you should go to the Outwitters forum if you are posting something pertaining to Outwitters.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-19-2012, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 03:16 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i dont think they should get a ban. thats just one of the risks of playing 2v2 random.
if they implement a fix where the person who quits loses more points than their ally then it can be used as a loophole by players to lose less points if they are losing

i think combatex's suggestion on being able to continue the game if your partner quits is fine but it would no longer match with being 2 v2 random if youre playing both players.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
I have never really understood the point of team games with asynchronous turns, as it seems just a tad overcomplicated.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
12-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Even though sometimes your partner may quit on you, the other half of the time the other team's partner quits on him. So it balances it out... though I know it's extremely infuriating when it happens.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
01-27-2013, 06:58 PM
I have had a couple cases where my partner in a random game never even played their first turn. In this case, I think the game shouldn't count.