One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 (/showthread.php?tid=1188)

Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - Jacog - 12-18-2012 03:52 PM

Started a 2 v 2 and the guy playing with me gives up on turn 5.... what is a man to do about this as it screws up rank bad with new point system not working right...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YldWSAgw

Should these guys guys get a week ban for this action or not?

RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - CombatEX - 12-19-2012 04:17 AM

While that is extremely frustrating, there is no way they will get banned for this kind of behavior. The best you can hope for is that OML decides to implement a way to keep playing even after your partner leaves the game (you will be able to take your partner's turns as if s/he were still playing). This is how it is done in Starcraft 2 when your ally leaves in a 2v2.

Until then, don't play random games? If I were you I would find a partner on the forums to play 2v2 with. I'm sure someone would be glad to play 2v2 arranged team games with you =)

By the way, this is the wrong forum. Next time you should go to the Outwitters forum if you are posting something pertaining to Outwitters.

RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - TheQwertiest - 12-19-2012 04:21 AM

i dont think they should get a ban. thats just one of the risks of playing 2v2 random.
if they implement a fix where the person who quits loses more points than their ally then it can be used as a loophole by players to lose less points if they are losing

i think combatex's suggestion on being able to continue the game if your partner quits is fine but it would no longer match with being 2 v2 random if youre playing both players.

RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - Phyresis - 12-19-2012 03:08 PM

I have never really understood the point of team games with asynchronous turns, as it seems just a tad overcomplicated.

RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - 2dhh - 12-20-2012 02:10 PM

Even though sometimes your partner may quit on you, the other half of the time the other team's partner quits on him. So it balances it out... though I know it's extremely infuriating when it happens.

RE: Game abandoners in 2 v 2 - The_Minister - 01-27-2013 06:58 PM

I have had a couple cases where my partner in a random game never even played their first turn. In this case, I think the game shouldn't count.