Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
02-10-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
Special Unit Ideas

[Random Strike]
Attacking: Costing 1 Wit to Hit Up to 3 Random Units in Fog of War only.
Health: 1
Movement: 1
What this would bring to the game: A Great Way to take out Bombshells. Runners, Snipers, and Medic would all need to be boosted to fight this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned but how about a unit that acts as a mobile spawn. Think of him as a conjurer that can spawn units at any adjacent space to him at the normal spawn cost. He could do this once per turn. Not sure what stats I'd give him but maybe someone else has some suggestions. On second thought, this may be too similar to mobi, but just a thought.
02-11-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 09:36 AM by Ryzuma.)
1 hp and 4 movement?

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
The same thought process went through my head as well with the mobile spawn and then realized it would be very similar to the Mobi. I think that another version that spawns a completely unique unit could be viable, for example:

Generator

Cost: 7
Movement: 2
Health: 2

'Sparks': The Generator can spawn a spark each turn for one wit. The spark spawns beside the generator (essentially giving it a 4 range attack of 2 damage)

Spark

Cost 1

Movement: 3
Health: 1
Attack: 2

'Discharge': When a spark attacks, it flows into the opponent to deal a fatal shock, consuming the spark.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
then the spark should turn into chain lightning (1 damage to a random adjacent unit, then to another one, etc. Can't hit the same guy twice though) Tongue

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Commander

Boost the power of all unit within range by 1 Attack.
Health: 3
Movement: 3
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
(02-11-2013 04:42 PM)ElPared Wrote:  then the spark should turn into chain lightning (1 damage to a random adjacent unit, then to another one, etc. Can't hit the same guy twice though) Tongue

Actually that would be a pretty good idea that would discourage turtling! I would reduce the damage to all enemy units to 1 then though

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-12-2013, 02:50 AM
(02-11-2013 04:42 PM)ElPared Wrote:  then the spark should turn into chain lightning (1 damage to a random adjacent unit, then to another one, etc. Can't hit the same guy twice though) Tongue

That reminds me of another super I had in mind that would have a lightning or laser like attack that has a range of 3 but hits everything in the line. So lets say he has 3 damage. If he were to attack from 3 spaces away he would be the same as a sniper. If he attacked from an adjacent space, he would hit the unit adjacent as well as the 2 spaces directly behind said unit. His attack would always be in a straight line. This unit would be a beast around the base. A wall 2 heavies thick wouldn't stop his attack from hitting the base.
02-12-2013, 03:53 AM
(02-12-2013 02:50 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

That reminds me of another super I had in mind that would have a lightning or laser like attack that has a range of 3 but hits everything in the line. So lets say he has 3 damage. If he were to attack from 3 spaces away he would be the same as a sniper. If he attacked from an adjacent space, he would hit the unit adjacent as well as the 2 spaces directly behind said unit. His attack would always be in a straight line. This unit would be a beast around the base. A wall 2 heavies thick wouldn't stop his attack from hitting the base.

Mwashahaha! I already suggested that :3 Although a little different that it attacked along the shortest path and if tere were two equally short paths it would take them. It would also be able to attack around obstacles, although you would need vision of it as it would go in a line that hugs the walls.

02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
I think a team with NO special unit would be cool. They make up for it by giving each unit on the team an ability that can optionally replace their attack.

I was thinking something like

Team Name: Horribles (horror movie themed)
Team Ability: Undying. When a horribles unit dies it leaves a tombstone. Tombstones are destroyed when stepped on by a unit (any unit). Any allied unit can choose to use its attack on a tombstone to resurrect their fallen comrade with 1 HP

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome