Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race matchups & FTA
12-17-2012, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2012 01:32 AM by Gf!sh.)
Race matchups & FTA
So, i was pondering things a bit about the discussion about map/race balancing, and I've decided that i want to run a lil' experiment.

SPREADSHEET

In this spreadsheet, every possible matchup between two different clans have sets of columns assinged, and maps have sets of rows assigned. Anyone can enter data in the sheet to contribute to our experiment. Just enter your name (forum name) in the light grey column and add your data (the amount of wins as P1/2 on either side)!

After a little pondering, i decided to run this experiment differently, and use data from OSN instead (because it's awesome Wink). While i'm entering data, can someone help me on equal races, OSN can't simply filter that like it can with unequal races (Sad) and i keep losing count...

Shoutout to CodePenguin for helping me HUGELY with collecting all data.

Well, take a look at the data and be amazed.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Race matchups & FTA
I am afraid I don't completely understand how this is supposed to be filled. Am I supposed to take one slot and increase the number of wins according to what I've played? E.g. if I played and won on Sharkfood three times, AvF P1, AvF P2, AvF P1, I would put 2 - 1 - 0 - 0?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Yes, exactly Smile

12-17-2012, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 04:21 AM by Szei.)
Looks great but might I suggest you make two extra overall tables for investigating p1 vs p2 on various maps independent of matchup and a table looking at matchups combining p1 and p2 results?

This way we can see the magnitude of FTA (or STA) on each map and see overall matchups independent of p1 vs p2.
12-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Gfich can I use a copy os this just to keep my own personal stats?

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 09:10 AM by CombatEX.)
(12-17-2012 04:18 AM)Szei Wrote:  Looks great but might I suggest you make two extra overall tables for investigating p1 vs p2 on various maps independent of matchup and a table looking at matchups combining p1 and p2 results?

This way we can see the magnitude of FTA (or STA) on each map and see overall matchups independent of p1 vs p2.

So this is what I had in mind (beneath SFI data)

Match-up only and FTA example

This way we can view just the matchup data without P1 P2. I'd also like just a P1 vs P2 for each map. You can pretty much just copy and paste the two tables I made although you'll need to format them to look nice because I didn't fix the boarders on the first one. Also I didn't finish the FTA table. It's basically done but I didn't do the last 4 maps or so (the ones where it says etc instead of having the formula). I don't know much about excel so there's probably a faster way to copy and paste the formula and changing the row number instead of manually changing them all. I know you can do this for integer row increases just by copy and pasting, but I don't know how to skip something like 30 rows.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
This is a great idea!

How would you deal with double-counting, when both people report the same match?
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Blush i guess we have to think that through? Just don't report a match if your opponent seems to have it on the list already.

12-17-2012, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 05:28 PM by CombatEX.)
Oh, I thought the system already avoids double-counting because you only report your wins. At least if that's not the case, then can you make that clear in the original post? ONLY REPORT WINS! I've only reported my wins so far and not very many other people have added their stats yet, so it's not to late to solve this issue.

Also did you see the two tables I made? I think they would be useful in the actual spreadsheet. At least, I would like to see the stats they provide =P But maybe I'm alone in this.
(12-17-2012 08:38 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Match-up only and FTA example

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
ok, great! Only report wins