Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My interesting opinion on P1 map selection
12-16-2012, 02:58 PM
My interesting opinion on P1 map selection
Hey guys,

You know how you can select maps by giving up games you don't like. That is sort of lame except when you use it to avoid Peekaboo. I think we should prevent this somehow. Maybe we need to ban Peekaboo for league matches first, though?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: My interesting opinion on P1 map selection
Or nerf the bombshell
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Im up for removing reaper and peekaboo at least until we can figure out a way to balance them. I feel like 8 out of my last 10 games have been on sweetie plains, or peekaboo ever since i started playing adorables more...

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
I think the best way is that pressing give up counts as a loss regardless of the turn. So that if they give up, they lose points no matter what.
12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Wait a sec, you can select "Give Up" if you don't like the map and it doesn't count as a loss? Someone please explain to this newbie how that works, there's afew maps I'd love to be able to pass on. Thanks in advance
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 10:53 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
(12-16-2012 10:31 PM)Willythewile Wrote:  Wait a sec, you can select "Give Up" if you don't like the map and it doesn't count as a loss? Someone please explain to this newbie how that works, there's afew maps I'd love to be able to pass on. Thanks in advance

If this is indeed possible, then i would consider it a bug which should be corrected.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
(12-16-2012 10:31 PM)Willythewile Wrote:  Wait a sec, you can select "Give Up" if you don't like the map and it doesn't count as a loss? Someone please explain to this newbie how that works, there's afew maps I'd love to be able to pass on. Thanks in advance
If you give up before you have an opponent, the system doesn't know how many points you should lose, so you lose nothing and can start a new game.
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 11:36 PM by Harti.)
(12-16-2012 10:52 PM)Random Task Wrote:  If this is indeed possible, then i would consider it a bug which should be corrected.

It's rather a "feature" that is meant to prevent your games list from clogging up with empty unmatched games, at least that was the OML statement back in June/July.

I think it's pretty much poopycock and doesn't apply. Maybe games that don't find an opponent after 2 days should be deleted by themselves.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-17-2012, 01:06 AM
I hardly ever get P1, which is fine with me.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-17-2012, 01:26 AM
(12-16-2012 11:09 PM)Harti Wrote:  
(12-16-2012 10:52 PM)Random Task Wrote:  If this is indeed possible, then i would consider it a bug which should be corrected.

It's rather a "feature" that is meant to prevent your games list from clogging up with empty unmatched games, at least that was the OML statement back in June/July.

I think it's pretty much poopycock and doesn't apply. Maybe games that don't find an opponent after 2 days should be deleted by themselves.

Ok i understood that wrongly then. I thought you can give up irrespective of being matched and thus are free to "reject" a map without a consequence. If this is possible only for unmatched games then it is a different story, actually a useful thing for the reason ypu mention.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.