Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
RE: Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
(12-07-2012 10:36 AM)game_taker Wrote:  As a nerf option, what if we stopped the bs from hitting nothing?

This is the best suggestion I have seen. I would still look forward to playing scallies even with this (quite minor) nerf. I think a minor tweak is all that is necessary and most other suggestions would make me want to avoid scallywags.

I also like this suggestion because it resolves another issue which is that the BS can give you unwarranted intel on enemy placements in fog of war zones.

Nice suggestions gametaker Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
(12-07-2012 10:36 AM)game_taker Wrote:  As a nerf option, what if we stopped the bs from hitting nothing?

This is the best suggestion I have seen. I would still look forward to playing scallies even with this nerf. I think a minor tweak is all that is necessary and most other suggestions are severe enough me want to avoid scallywags.

I also like this suggestion because it resolves another issue which is that the BS can give you unwarranted intel on enemy placements in fog of war zones.

12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
(12-11-2012 12:18 PM)Joggies Wrote:  

This is the best suggestion I have seen. I would still look forward to playing scallies even with this nerf. I think a minor tweak is all that is necessary and most other suggestions are severe enough me want to avoid scallywags.

A change like this would completely change the nature of Scallywags wall standoffs. Bombshells are often placed so that their splash range is right at the opponent's Soldier Wall, so... it would be a pretty big change. Not to mention Blitz Beach strategy totally flying up into the air.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-12-2012, 02:37 AM
(12-11-2012 05:50 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 12:18 PM)Joggies Wrote:  

A change like this would completely change the nature of Scallywags wall standoffs. Bombshells are often placed so that their splash range is right at the opponent's Soldier Wall, so... it would be a pretty big change. Not to mention Blitz Beach strategy totally flying up into the air.
I didn't even think about the Blitz beach effect. That's a bonus! I think that strategy has ruined that map.
12-12-2012, 02:49 AM
While removing firing on a blank space *could* work, it's definitely not a minor change. I probably fire on empty spaces just as much if not more than spaces with a unit on them when I play as Scallywags. One of the best things about the bombshell is that it can essentially hit 4 spaces away.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-12-2012, 03:01 AM
I pretty much like the idea of not being able to fire empty spaces. However, this could complicate things despite not making much sense logic-wise. Also makes it kind of easy to exploit by simply letting 1 space in between of your units so that you can minimize the Bombshell (collateral) damage, essentially making it a 4 HP Sniper. To me this looks like overdoing it.

Taking away only the radar ability wouldn't work either, you'd simply have a Runner stick around so you can see enough. Situations like the described one are actually quite rare and mostly only occur if there is fog because units are blocking your sight or you're on 1-spawn maps and need to build more Soldiers.

Quite a few of interesting changes have been proposed and forwarded to Alex and Adam via the Beta forums. I'm sure they've already read the thread and are figuring a solution out. As most things here, this is unfortunately probably going to take a while.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I disagree with the point about being unable to shoot empty spaces, it's a huge huge nerf, but removing the radar is an excellent idea.
If someone wants to waste one wit shooting without knowing what's in the fog then by all means let them do it, it's a calculated risk, I know you say they can easily counter this by spawning a scout, then that's a good thing at least it's logical, you're controlling their spawn choices then, an advanced concept, however removing ability to shoot empty spaces is foolish
I know you say it's rare but somehow I feel this happens to me in a lot of critical games
12-13-2012, 05:42 AM
(12-12-2012 03:01 AM)Harti Wrote:  I pretty much like the idea of not being able to fire empty spaces. However, this could complicate things despite not making much sense logic-wise. Also makes it kind of easy to exploit by simply letting 1 space in between of your units so that you can minimize the Bombshell (collateral) damage, essentially making it a 4 HP Sniper.

4HP Sniper with a 3-range movement, though. (with the unshelling/shelling costs, of course). Still really powerful.
12-13-2012, 05:48 AM
i dont know of this has been suggested yet but how about making the splash damage hit their own units?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I like that idea. Collateral damage instead of splash damage!