No, but stop posting 'Clan A vs Clan B' threads in the Tournament section
No, it's fine how it is.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs
12-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs
Does anyone else feel that clan vs clan matches don't really belong in the Tournament section?

If we have a clan tournament with brackets and 4 clans (hopefully we'll have 8 eventually), that should go in the tournament section. However, I feel that having all these "Clan A vs Clan B" in the Tournament sub-forum dilutes it, not to mention these aren't really tournaments. =/

Ideally we would have a Clan sub-forum (open to everyone, not the same as the private clan forums) too. However, I already bugged Adam about adding the Tournament sub-forum (which he very generously agreed to implement) and I don't feel like being the one to bother him again >.<

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 03:37 AM
RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs
It appear that clan battles are tournaments in sort because multiple players are playing, just in a group setting...like teams in sports.

I don't see a problem with it, but them again, I don't spend much time in the tournaments forum.

GC: TheGreatAnt
12-01-2012, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 03:46 AM by Szei.)
Perhaps I should have just said a "Clan" sub-forum instead of "Clan Stand-off". I do understand how you could view it that way, though clearly I see it differently. However, either way I feel it would be a good place for clans to have their clan discussion/recruitment threads (the ones TheQwertiest links to in the Clan List thread) as well as discuss clan events and hold these one on one clan stand-offs.
12-01-2012, 03:52 AM
I think a clan sub forum is a good idea, all the clan threads on the main page don't really need to be there either, all clan recruiting/info/battle/etc threads could go into a new clan section and everything would seem a little more organized.
12-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Well, I feel like the fora have a somewhat unprofessional layout that doesn't utilize all possibilities*:

General
Outwitters
Tournaments
Poppycock
Tilt to Live

*Note that I do not have access to clan/beta fora, and this statement is based on solely the public fora

With the currently unused category system we can think of countless possibilities.

12-01-2012, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:19 AM by CombatEX.)
It is a bit odd having the Tournament forums in the General section instead of giving Outwitters its own section like:

Outwitters
General This is what the current 'Outwitters' forum would become
Tournaments Active tournaments are in this forum
- Archived Finished or inactive tournaments are moved here
Clans General discussion regarding clans and clan recruitment threads go here
- Stand-offs This sub-forum is where one on one clan matches will go
- iPro
- Diamond League
- Anonymous
[...] etc Each clan has a sub-forum inside the Clans main forum

Tilt to Live
General
Tournaments This is kind of hard to do in TTL since you can try as many times as you want =/

Poppycock
Talk about anything not Outwitters/TTL related

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Clan threads are causing a lot of clutter. And I also do not like the tournament threads getting bumped down in their own forum, particularly with so much time and effort going into tournaments.
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
oneadamleft Wrote:We'll hold off on a clan section until clans get more popular. For now, I think it's small enough to just relocate to the tournament section, since it's less busy. Any threads you want me to move?

here

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
oh did you pm Adam theqwertiest? Hopefully clans become more popular soon! In the meantime, maybe adam could post a news update regarding clans to help them reach that requisite popularity faster Wink

Something like "Head over to the forums and join a clan!" but in OML's humorous not so boring way Tongue
12-01-2012, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 12:06 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-01-2012 11:54 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  oh did you pm Adam theqwertiest? Hopefully clans become more popular soon! In the meantime, maybe adam could post a news update regarding clans to help them reach that requisite popularity faster Wink

Something like "Head over to the forums and join a clan!" but in OML's humorous not so boring way Tongue

i PMed him about a week ago and thats what he said. i think we should just chill and wait.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*