One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs (/showthread.php?tid=1020)

Pages: 1 2

Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - Szei - 12-01-2012 03:27 AM

Does anyone else feel that clan vs clan matches don't really belong in the Tournament section?

If we have a clan tournament with brackets and 4 clans (hopefully we'll have 8 eventually), that should go in the tournament section. However, I feel that having all these "Clan A vs Clan B" in the Tournament sub-forum dilutes it, not to mention these aren't really tournaments. =/

Ideally we would have a Clan sub-forum (open to everyone, not the same as the private clan forums) too. However, I already bugged Adam about adding the Tournament sub-forum (which he very generously agreed to implement) and I don't feel like being the one to bother him again >.<

Thoughts?

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - TheGreatAnt - 12-01-2012 03:37 AM

It appear that clan battles are tournaments in sort because multiple players are playing, just in a group setting...like teams in sports.

I don't see a problem with it, but them again, I don't spend much time in the tournaments forum.

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - Szei - 12-01-2012 03:46 AM

Perhaps I should have just said a "Clan" sub-forum instead of "Clan Stand-off". I do understand how you could view it that way, though clearly I see it differently. However, either way I feel it would be a good place for clans to have their clan discussion/recruitment threads (the ones TheQwertiest links to in the Clan List thread) as well as discuss clan events and hold these one on one clan stand-offs.

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - aaronINdayton - 12-01-2012 03:52 AM

I think a clan sub forum is a good idea, all the clan threads on the main page don't really need to be there either, all clan recruiting/info/battle/etc threads could go into a new clan section and everything would seem a little more organized.

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - Gf!sh - 12-01-2012 04:55 AM

Well, I feel like the fora have a somewhat unprofessional layout that doesn't utilize all possibilities*:

General
Outwitters
Tournaments
Poppycock
Tilt to Live

*Note that I do not have access to clan/beta fora, and this statement is based on solely the public fora

With the currently unused category system we can think of countless possibilities.

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - CombatEX - 12-01-2012 05:18 AM

It is a bit odd having the Tournament forums in the General section instead of giving Outwitters its own section like:

Outwitters
General This is what the current 'Outwitters' forum would become
Tournaments Active tournaments are in this forum
- Archived Finished or inactive tournaments are moved here
Clans General discussion regarding clans and clan recruitment threads go here
- Stand-offs This sub-forum is where one on one clan matches will go
- iPro
- Diamond League
- Anonymous
[...] etc Each clan has a sub-forum inside the Clans main forum

Tilt to Live
General
Tournaments This is kind of hard to do in TTL since you can try as many times as you want =/

Poppycock
Talk about anything not Outwitters/TTL related

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - GreatGonzales - 12-01-2012 05:58 AM

Clan threads are causing a lot of clutter. And I also do not like the tournament threads getting bumped down in their own forum, particularly with so much time and effort going into tournaments.

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - TheQwertiest - 12-01-2012 11:23 AM

oneadamleft Wrote:We'll hold off on a clan section until clans get more popular. For now, I think it's small enough to just relocate to the tournament section, since it's less busy. Any threads you want me to move?

here

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - ImperialSun - 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

oh did you pm Adam theqwertiest? Hopefully clans become more popular soon! In the meantime, maybe adam could post a news update regarding clans to help them reach that requisite popularity faster Wink

Something like "Head over to the forums and join a clan!" but in OML's humorous not so boring way Tongue

RE: Tournaments vs Clan Stand-offs - TheQwertiest - 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

(12-01-2012 11:54 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  oh did you pm Adam theqwertiest? Hopefully clans become more popular soon! In the meantime, maybe adam could post a news update regarding clans to help them reach that requisite popularity faster Wink

Something like "Head over to the forums and join a clan!" but in OML's humorous not so boring way Tongue

i PMed him about a week ago and thats what he said. i think we should just chill and wait.