Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Meet the Veggienauts!
10-20-2012, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2012 06:49 PM by blckace.)
RE: Meet the Veggienauts!
(10-20-2012 06:21 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 05:05 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Does scrambling a unit also add 1 wit?

No, since the scrambled unit is not destroyed.

That is so unfair! It's destroyed because it switched sides. Basically this is a nerf for feedback, I would rather not play at all than be forced to choose scallywags. Can the beta testers speak for feedback players? I'm not sure there is any other way to get to the developers with how busy they are.

Thanks
Bump for bug
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2012, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2012 06:59 PM by Magnum.)
Hum, can the thorns be teleported by Mobi ? I don't think it can, but I'm just asking.

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
The Scrambler is... ... weak?

Would you PLEASE start a friendly against p1noyboypj so that somebody can show you how to properly use Scrambler? O______o

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-20-2012, 07:18 PM
It hardly makes the scrambler weak. It's basically destroying and then spawning and moving another whole unit, which can then move and attack again
10-20-2012, 08:12 PM
(10-20-2012 07:00 PM)Gfich Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 06:21 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 05:05 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Does scrambling a unit also add 1 wit?

No, since the scrambled unit is not destroyed.

[WARNING: fail statement included here!]

Ok, i think i should take that statement back, it's just that my play style doesn't really blend with a scrambler, but of course others can be more awesome with it Wink

10-20-2012, 08:15 PM
I can only hope they make the change as an optional game style.
The game is well balanced as it is.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
10-20-2012, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2012 10:06 PM by blckace.)
It's not weak but with the +1 wit change, they stand no chance because a scrambler is dead as soon as he is used against strong opponents and the scrambled unit with 1hp is surely dead as well (if scrambled unit keeps its health i guess everyone goes home happy), so basically if you use the scrambler and don't manage to finish the base that turn the counter attack is guaranteed to wipe you out, no chace to recover. 1 wit wont't break the game balance but it can make a difference finishing the base that turn. Has the strenth of feedback been tested in beta? Did they manage to win any games?
10-20-2012, 11:27 PM
(10-20-2012 09:58 PM)blckace Wrote:  It's not weak but with the +1 wit change, they stand no chance because a scrambler is dead as soon as he is used against strong opponents and the scrambled unit with 1hp is surely dead as well (if scrambled unit keeps its health i guess everyone goes home happy), so basically if you use the scrambler and don't manage to finish the base that turn the counter attack is guaranteed to wipe you out, no chace to recover. 1 wit wont't break the game balance but it can make a difference finishing the base that turn. Has the strenth of feedback been tested in beta? Did they manage to win any games?

During the early beta, scrambled units retained all their HP - which made Feedback immensely powerful, especially against Adorables. When you played against Feedback you had to constantly apply pressure to keep the Feedback player from ever spawning a Scrambler - as soon as one was on the field, the clock was ticking until your defeat because each turn, one of your units switched sides and since it didn't have to be healed it formed a nice wall for the Scrambler to survive the turn and keep on doing what he loves most.

Forming a wall of Heavies to defend your base? Maybe even buffing them to 5 HP? Well guess what, I just scramble one of your Heavies and now this 5 HP rock-of-a-unit is banging on your base. You can't prevent the first 3 points of damage to your base. Now you're in a dilemma: if you expend your Wits to destroy the 5 HP Heavy, the Scrambler will just turn another unit and finish your base. If you destroy the Scrambler, the Heavy will still destroy your base. The only way to get out of this situation is to inflict 7 points of damage to 2 units which may very well be not that open to attack depending on the map and unit placement.

This was too strong and therefore scrambled units are now reduced to 1 HP.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Was this in the current beta build with the +1 change? Because what you are describing seems outdated. I wish the developers would hear my voice the simplest solution is +1 wit when a unit is scrambled just as if it was killed, how will that disturb the game balance?
10-21-2012, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 10:01 AM by QuantumApocalypse.)
(10-20-2012 11:40 PM)blckace Wrote:  Was this in the current beta build with the +1 change? Because what you are describing seems outdated. I wish the developers would hear my voice the simplest solution is +1 wit when a unit is scrambled just as if it was killed, how will that disturb the game balance?
That was in a build before the initial release. The Scrambler had 2 HP then as well, which made it a very dominant unit and very hard to rid.

My personal argument against +1 for scrambling a unit is because you are also gaining the unit, as well as "completely destroying" it. If you got +1 wit for scrambling a unit, that means you could effectively scramble a unit and THEN attack with that same unit for free, if others are adjacent. Should you move the scrambled unit to attack, that is still merely 1 wit. Just like the bombshell being able to gain "physical" wits with the +1 on multiple targets, the scrambler effectively already generates wits by transferring units' potential power to the other side. With a medic you'll have stolen a fully fledged enemy unit for 4 wits as it is now.

Plus, if you had scrambling for free, you could scramble an "infinite" amount of scramblers in a row, and wouldn't that be just terrible Tongue