Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Spawns Tournament #3 [Final Round Underway]
07-31-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: No Spawns Tournament #3 [sign-ups open]
Thank you for your commitment. I will let you know if and when it's necessary.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Alternatively, we could start with twelve players and give every player in the third round a free pair of wins against the "missing" player.

Thoughts?

07-31-2014, 11:55 AM
I would

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 12:49 AM
(07-31-2014 11:43 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Alternatively, we could start with twelve players and give every player in the third round a free pair of wins against the "missing" player.

Thoughts?

Or you could 3 groups of 4.. this'll just mean that there's one less person to play against in the fourth phase.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
08-01-2014, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 02:50 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yes, I meant three groups of four in phase one, leaving only six players in phase two, and only three in phase three.

But now I'm thinking of this: What if we have three groups of four as stated, but after the top two in each group are determined, we also advance the two players from the bottom six players with the highest score (with single match tie-breakers if necessary)?

This way:

1. Phases two, three, and four would not need to be changed at all.
2. Players who have little to no chance of making top two in their group still have an incentive to play well in their remaining group matches.

08-01-2014, 02:05 AM
(08-01-2014 01:52 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Yes, I meant three groups of four in phase one, leaving only six players in phase two, and only three in phase three.

But now I'm thinking of this: What if we have three groups of four as stated, but after the top two in each group are determined, we also advance the two players from the bottom six players with the highest score (with single match tie-breakers if necessary)?

This way:

1. Phases two, three, and four would not need to changed at all.
2. Players who have little to no chance of making top two in their group still have an incentive to play well in their remaining group matches.

I like that idea. Basically a wildcard incentive to keep trying.

The flow of time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days.
08-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and say we should start with twelve players, three groups of four, top two from the bottom six in phase one advance to phase two.

The groups are as follows:

Group A:
  • awpertunity
  • AlliDooisRush
  • Gaebora the Owl
  • 22swarm
Group B:
  • GendryStorm
  • lawtai
  • Flarp55
  • 77BigD
Group C:
  • The Great Habudabi
  • .Memories.
  • izzilla
  • LegacyofEight

Remember:

All players must play one game as P1 and one game as P2 against each opponent. P1 chooses the map.

In the group phases (rounds 1 and 3), the players may choose to play on any of the following maps:

Thorn Gulley
Glitch
Peekaboo
War Garden
Sweet Tooth

Glitch, War Garden, and Peekaboo: Each player may spawn at most one (1) runner and one (1) sniper during his or her first two turns of play.

Sweet Tooth: Each player may spawn at most one (1) runner during his or her first turn only.

Thorn Gulley: No spawns allowed ever.

08-01-2014, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 06:28 AM by .Memories..)
RE: No Spawns Tournament #3 [sign-ups closed; tournament underway]
Sounds good to me! Good luck, all! I'll start my games this weekend if not earlier.

Going to keep track of my games here.

Phase 1
P1 vs TheGreatHabudabi - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzqiGswoM
P2 vs TheGreatHabudabi - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjpq84AoM

P1 vs izzilla - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1qncoQkM
P2 vs izzilla - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1pShsQoM

P1 vs LegacyofEight - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1ubqqwkM
P2 vs LegacyofEight - outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1qTrjQoM

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
08-01-2014, 07:41 AM
I'll be a little slow for the next few days, so if you could hold off till Monday on starting a game with me that'd be helpful.

[Image: sig.png]
08-01-2014, 07:53 AM
(08-01-2014 07:41 AM)lawtai Wrote:  I'll be a little slow for the next few days, so if you could hold off till Monday on starting a game with me that'd be helpful.

I didn't know "lawtai" and "slow" were allowed in the same sentence. Big Grin

The flow of time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days.