Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters AI?
07-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Outwitters AI?
I'm interested in possibly programming an AI for Outwitters. I have a good idea for a strategy for SFI and I have experience programming Python and Java. I could also learn a new language pretty quickly. Is there a way for me to do this? (and possibly have it implemented)

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Outwitters AI?
There's a big long thread about an Outwitters AI somewhere...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
07-17-2014, 03:31 PM
(07-17-2014 01:00 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I'm interested in possibly programming an AI for Outwitters. I have a good idea for a strategy for SFI and I have experience programming Python and Java. I could also learn a new language pretty quickly. Is there a way for me to do this? (and possibly have it implemented)

Eh, not in the client unfortunately.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
07-17-2014, 03:39 PM
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=15

Page 69/76...

07-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks .Memories. I'm not looking to make a perfect AI; just one that is maybe around mid-clever level. I'll probably just write some code just for fun, even though I won't be able to run it. I'll post here when it's done (if ever). I might even program a text-based, crude version of Outwitters if I feel like it.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-18-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm toying with a kind of dual mcts minmax idea, it will be server only, since it will need a lot of db-caching. If its going work, its just for me to play against (manual) or in the very best case implemented as a player you can choose to play against. But as long as I don't have a working prototype there is no need to think about such a scenario. There is a high chance that I can't bias the search down meaningful parts of the tree and it won't yield any terminal states. So failure is definitely an option.
07-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Good luck to both of you! Let us know the results.

07-18-2014, 07:00 AM
(07-18-2014 04:17 AM)Ganwell Wrote:  I'm toying with a kind of dual mcts minmax idea, it will be server only, since it will need a lot of db-caching. If its going work, its just for me to play against (manual) or in the very best case implemented as a player you can choose to play against. But as long as I don't have a working prototype there is no need to think about such a scenario. There is a high chance that I can't bias the search down meaningful parts of the tree and it won't yield any terminal states. So failure is definitely an option.

So are you coding an AI for Outwitters or programming a clone of Outwitters? We could possibly work together.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-18-2014, 08:30 AM
(07-18-2014 04:17 AM)Ganwell Wrote:  I'm toying with a kind of dual mcts minmax idea, it will be server only, since it will need a lot of db-caching. If its going work, its just for me to play against (manual) or in the very best case implemented as a player you can choose to play against. But as long as I don't have a working prototype there is no need to think about such a scenario. There is a high chance that I can't bias the search down meaningful parts of the tree and it won't yield any terminal states. So failure is definitely an option.

I've thought about how to do an ai, but no plans on actually doing it. What does dual mcts mean? And what is your plan to handle that you don't have the complete game state (fog of war) as the ai would need it to do a normal minimax search?

Soldier spam FTW
07-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Creates an AI with learning capabilities, teaches it to play Outwitters!
It becomes #1 in a month :O (regrets makin AI since it has cheeped how Outwitters is played)
~Try's to shut down the AI~ *fails* the AI has now hacked into every computer in the world!!! & launches all the missiles at everyone with the simple text “Iv outwitted you all"

It could happen and if it dose I wanna point out it was all Bbobb's fault!!/Idea

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!