Poll: Increase Friendly Timeouts?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvement Suggestion: Longer Timeouts for Friendlies
02-22-2014, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 11:22 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Improvement Suggestion: Longer Timeouts for Friendlies
I don't particularly see a gameplay reason why you need timeouts for friendly matches. Having the normal 4 day timeout only limits things like Tournaments.

I can see why timeouts for league games are good, but friendlies don't really need a timeout.

I can see a logistics reason I can see why you might want to do a timeout, which would be to clear out entries in the game database of people who aren't playing anymore. If that's the case, then maybe make the timeout huge (30 days?).

This shouldn't be terribly hard to implement. It's probably a few extra lines in your code which does the scan to check the game type and then use a different timeout for friendlies.

An example of why I advocate longer timeouts:

In the 2v2 Tournament (which has taken more than a year), there might have been a chance that 1 out of the 4 players had to take a vacation or be without their device for an extended period of time (such as illness). These games can take months at a time. It would be a shame if just because someone got ill for example a whole tournament would be inconvenienced because they couldn't do their turn.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Improvement Suggestion: Longer Timeouts for Friendlies
Or timeout customization

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
02-22-2014, 11:28 AM
(02-22-2014 11:26 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Or timeout customization

Timeout customization would be the best, but also probably time consuming to implement and not worth their time as struggling developers.

But a simple tweak to their scan code for timeouts probably would be easy to do and value added for the community I believe.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
02-22-2014, 01:23 PM
YES YES YES

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
02-22-2014, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 04:25 PM by Norahsul.)
Sounds good and legit to me too! And as long as its easy enough to implement
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Seems like a great idea. Or you could do a "tournament mode" to start your own tournaments, with your rules for people to join. But that is much more complicated to code.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"