Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
02-05-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
I'll send you a game, but I'll let someone better than me evaluate that game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 04:55 PM
(02-05-2014 12:05 PM)TheUberKid Wrote:  I would like someone to help me. I'm only in clever league. My GCID is TheUberKid1. Can someone send me a friendly invite and give me a few tips?

Also, evaluate this game. It started going downhill turn 7-8.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlNqy8QgM

Your focus along the middle area is what lost you the game.
(Actually, you were playing vs a secondary account of an ST player)

But back on track, sweetie plains is about defending your sniper wit side while attacking the enemy side. Since you put your units between your two spawns, which is the easiest place to defend and reach, you were not in position to defend.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
02-06-2014, 02:59 AM
(02-05-2014 04:55 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 12:05 PM)TheUberKid Wrote:  I would like someone to help me. I'm only in clever league. My GCID is TheUberKid1. Can someone send me a friendly invite and give me a few tips?

Also, evaluate this game. It started going downhill turn 7-8.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlNqy8QgM

Your focus along the middle area is what lost you the game.
(Actually, you were playing vs a secondary account of an ST player)

But back on track, sweetie plains is about defending your sniper wit side while attacking the enemy side. Since you put your units between your two spawns, which is the easiest place to defend and reach, you were not in position to defend.

Who is WhatIsAWit?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
02-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Trumpet Alan

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-06-2014, 05:17 AM
Friendly against The Great Habudabi because I wanted practice beating BSs on Glitch. Clearly still need more practice - any specific advice on defeating scally on this map?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...MKc3woM#26

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
02-06-2014, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 06:48 AM by Alvendor.)
(02-06-2014 05:17 AM)erikpdumont Wrote:  Friendly against The Great Habudabi because I wanted practice beating BSs on Glitch. Clearly still need more practice - any specific advice on defeating scally on this map?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...MKc3woM#26

This is a tough matchup on glitch. You either have to do some sneaky scrambler attacks, or have him do a mistake and punish him for it.

In this game he put the bombshell to far forward without having enough units to defend it. Problem for you was that you didn't have enough wits to kill it. I'd recommend you only get one sniper in the beginning so you aren't as wit starved.

Also, try to position your units so that when he puts down a bombshell you can use all of your units in the same turn when you go for an attack.

(02-05-2014 10:19 AM)Quazioo13 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlI2PsQsM

Advice welcome!

Think what would make the largest difference is the way you attack. In most cases it is easier to defend than attack as the defender doesn't have to move his units that far.

This means that before you go for an attack ask: "will this win me the game" if the answer is no or probably not, then it is better to make more units and improve your position.

Also, use only one medic but try to make a new 4hp soldier every turn with that medic.

(01-31-2014 10:36 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I know I overstayed my welcome, any more advice after that?
P.S. it's a long game.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlJzs5AsM

Another tricky matchup.

I think you can put your soldier wall a bit more forward, gives you more freedom when you go for an attack. Put your predeployed runner on witspace and spend your saved wits on another soldier instead of a 2hp runner. Without the runner blocking your sniper you could have used the sniper as well for the attack one shooting one of his soldiers.

Small thing on turn 18, switching place between heavy and 3hp soldier could have made life harder for him.

...and he barely defends the attack, nice try though!

Soldier spam FTW
02-06-2014, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 08:01 AM by erikpdumont.)
Yep. Looking back, I only needed 7 wits to kill the BS, but hadn't yet managed to save even one extra wit at that point. As Mag!cGuy once asked me in one of his coaching games, "What can you do with six wits? Nothing!" True then and true today.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
02-06-2014, 10:01 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlMz5-AoM

Please tell me what went wrong, at the end I knew that was a bad idea.
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
A lot did. Foundry is one of my worst maps so I can't help too much but in the first few moves you lost and rebuilt 2 snipers... Thats 6 wits that could have been spent much better. If you would have either kept it safe by killing runners in range of it, or boosting it in your first move the game would have gone a lot better.
02-07-2014, 02:05 PM
(02-06-2014 10:01 AM)AttackBomb Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlMz5-AoM

Please tell me what went wrong, at the end I knew that was a bad idea.

Also spawning heavies is generally a bad idea, one is okay but more than one is a huge waste of wits. And sacrificing heavies is a really bad idea. Also, try not to move heavies a lot since they cost a lot to move.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]