Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What strategy games are Outwitters players playing..?
12-17-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: What strategy games are Outwitters players playing..?
I haven't spent any money on hearthstone yet. The arena is probably the best part IMO.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 02:47 AM by Gullsjakal.)
Lots of great apps are being discounted this holiday season. Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy, Small World 2, Tigris & Euphrates, and Battle of the Bulge, just to name a few. Check out the list, being updated as more are announced, over at BGG.
12-22-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 03:18 PM by spacechef.)
(12-22-2013 01:11 PM)Gullsjakal Wrote:  Lots of great apps are being discounted this holiday season. Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy, Small World 2, Tigris & Euphrates, and Battle of the Bulge, just to name a few. Check out the list, being updated as more are announced, over at BGG.

Board gamer in the house!

[url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/third-ep...66283?mt=8]Third Epoch Rising[/url]

Just downloaded this, and it's free. Looks like a minimalistic space strategy game, with some rpg elements. Sounds like it does need some work slogging through the comments on TouchArcade, but the devs also sound like they will indeed be pushing improvements. I like the idea that you start as a greenhorn and work your way up, and it isn't combat focused. There are plenty of other space games that offer that.

Live your life as more than plastic.
12-25-2013, 12:49 AM
(12-06-2013 10:56 AM)BrianAU1229 Wrote:  I would like to know if anyone plays skulls of the shogun as well. If so, how is it? I've been thinking of getting it since my 2v2 outwitter partner and I retired.

Skulls of the Shogun is currently available for free in the App Store. So this is the perfect time to give it a try and see if it suits your turn-based strategy game needs.
01-17-2014, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 05:23 PM by spacechef.)
Cook, Serve, Delicious! was just released for iPhone, previously it was only on iPad. It's got some fun mini games for cooking and serving food, and there's a restaurant sim part of it where you plan your menu, buy equipment and recipes, and make your way to culinary glory.

As I spend 50+ hours a week doing it in real life, this game is the best restaurant game I've come across so far, for me to want to spend time at a virtual restaurant.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/01/10/cook-s...or-iphone/

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-17-2014, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 07:42 PM by awpertunity.)
(11-25-2013 06:25 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:34 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 10:12 PM)Charlie12520 Wrote:  Boo! New member! Big Grin

Anyways, I play FTL, Civ 5, League, Total War Rome 2, etc.

Faster than Light? My friend made that Tongue

Oh Cool! Love that game! Enjoyed their GDC talk as well. Was awesome to see them do well in IGF. Who's your friend? Matthew Davis or Justin Ma?

Matthew Davis! His sister lives with my college roommate. He made around $850k off it in the first 3 weeks or so if I remember correctly.

Steam is the place to release your games!
01-18-2014, 02:30 AM
Not really the type of strategy game this thread is about, but does anyone play Planetside 2?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Hey i'm playing hearthstone too. Didn't put any money and was near to be legend on last season.
You have to farm arenas if you want to win money and cards at the begining to build your deck Wink
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
(01-17-2014 07:24 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 06:25 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:34 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 10:12 PM)Charlie12520 Wrote:  Boo! New member! Big Grin

Anyways, I play FTL, Civ 5, League, Total War Rome 2, etc.

Faster than Light? My friend made that Tongue

Oh Cool! Love that game! Enjoyed their GDC talk as well. Was awesome to see them do well in IGF. Who's your friend? Matthew Davis or Justin Ma?

Matthew Davis! His sister lives with my college roommate. He made around $850k off it in the first 3 weeks or so if I remember correctly.

Steam is the place to release your games!

He deserved every penny of it, it's such a great game. FTL was my obsession before I started playing Outwitters. Finished the game with all 16 ships Smile)

On a related note, i read somewhere OML lost a lot of money with Outwitters, which made me very sad. The piece was dated around the release of the game, so I was hoping things might have improved since. Anyone has any updates on this?
01-20-2014, 01:31 AM
(01-18-2014 08:57 AM)L3R4T Wrote:  Hey i'm playing hearthstone too. Didn't put any money and was near to be legend on last season.
You have to farm arenas if you want to win money and cards at the begining to build your deck Wink

Wow, nice! I can't go over rank 15 in ladder, though I can do 10-3 in arena sometimes Tongue what's your battle.net id? We should play some games, just so that I'm not only crushed by you in outwitters. Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]