I don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters 2!
11-14-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: Outwitters 2!
what

I'm not prepared for this! I was expecting another few weeks! I have to be ready or else I'm going to DIIIIIIEEEEE when it comes out! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 05:51 AM
I can't get the game at all. I have an issue with my security questions, and I can only download free stuff. I wish I could do something with my $17.33 in my account.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
11-14-2013, 02:04 PM
I hope Outwitters 2 comes with the four themes in Outwitters

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I hope it ships with a plush mobi.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
11-15-2013, 01:10 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think new teams and maps would be better than a new game. This game is so amazing and balanced, I doubt it could be recreated in a way different enough to add a whole new game. Maybe add new races, but also new maps that you need to pay for (gotta fund somehow and they already promised us new races for free with über pack) perhaps add a league or 2 to spice things up, and maybe an option to create tournaments in game?

[Image: sig.png]
11-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Husky only says this because he does not know.

I've been goofing around with Outwitters 2 ideas in my spare time (we don't know what will happen after today's TtL2 launch), and the new gameplay tweaks are already way more interesting than more of the same. Less predictability and turtling are goals I'm messing with. If it ever gets to the point where it feels worth pitching as a project, we'll see what Alex thinks of it. He might have a prototype of his own.

Our focus will be on TtL for a while, but we haven't sworn an oath to never make another Outwitters. Though I will say, it's really unlikely we'll add more teams to Outwitters 1. It would be very stupid, financially, since the Veggienauts never broke even.
11-15-2013, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 03:12 AM by HuskyPete.)
That's understandable. Gotta fund it, of course. I guess I fear change. Trying to get better and then starting over again terrifies me!

In my humble opinion, it would be hard to get people to buy veggies. It's a hard race to understand (I don't). If you get mobi sniped, you want to try adorables. If you get scrambled, you gotta try feedback. Veggies don't have that "I gotta try that!" Factor. I own them, but I think I can honestly say, I never tried them! I'm not saying they can't be played well, I just don't know if they have that suck you in factor.

11-15-2013, 03:52 AM
There are not enough players anymore on outwitters so that spending a lot of time into new team/stuff as an update is worth it for adam and alex.
They have to focus on their new awesome game now, I guess doing some IAP for ttl2 in the future (but not IAP advantaging the ones buying it) would be a cool idea, but I'm far from knowing anything about business model so, well, I think OML know what they'll have to do.

How many downloads so far?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-15-2013, 05:37 AM
About 5,500. But that's with zero promotion.

11-15-2013, 05:57 AM
I have outwitters 2 ideas!