Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN]
11-05-2013, 02:10 AM
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED]
yea relax man, you've proved yourself enough in S1. i just feel sorry that you are quitting, but it's RL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 04:16 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
You clearly have showed you are one of the best player worldwide, so you mustn't be so rude with yourself. That kind of rushed turns happen to everyone, even when the matches are important. This is the exact same thing that led me to forfeit from season 1, so if it is your decision I completely understand and hope the best for you in RL. I do want you to come back though Big Grin

You and your opponents decide what to do with the games if you forfeit from season 2, but continuing the match and declaring it as "completely for fun" would be the best I think Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Yeah, I don't feel like I can do this tournament justice now that my schedule has become so hectic.

How about we declare all my games "for fun" and I'll finish whatever I have going if I can.

I know that is a bit unfair to the people who have already won matches against me (Awpertunity, Torbreck), but I think it would be better if I bow out of this for this season.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-05-2013, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 04:31 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Since there are still 14 participants in this tournament, I don't think awpertunity and torbreck will really mind if one of their matches doesn't put them at an advantage compared to all other participants. RL before everything, so they wouldn't have their say anyway Big Grin And those two matches were so awesome!!

As for my loss against you, I will obviously let it as is, not transforming it into a win for me, which would really be unfair.

So, okay, I declare all already started battles against cor for fun. The win will be anyway for cor's opponent. As for the unstarted matches with him, cor's opponent will also get a free-win.

Oh and Sharugames, it's great to hear from you!

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Sad to hear that Cor was leaving S2 but as said by all of you, RL is sometimes taking over and is for sure more important than each tournament! You played a very impressive S1….so don`t bother but please promise that you will be back for S3! Smile

Mag!c……I understand why you said you will not turn your result against Cor into a "win" for you….but that`s not correct from my point of view. Cor tries to avoid exactly this….that he goes on and at random has time and carries out a win by playing strong like Cor or losing at random cause his opponent get`s "lucky" (just from the scores point of view) and catches a timeframe in which Cor is not Cor…..which will influence the tournament a bit. So his decision is a complete forfeit.

Complete includes your game. You can`t be punished cause you rushed out of the gates after not playing in S1. It`s not becoming a win….you still lost the battle but it`s a point like for everyone. You can`t get a disadvantage on the scoreboard which puts you one game behind everyone by being early in the tourney while other entered slow and are now granted a point.

That`s MHO. Thoughts?
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Yeah I do get your point, and I finally agree. I'll wait to see if someone has any objection, and I will change the result for the match between Cor and I. Smile

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-05-2013, 06:13 AM
(11-05-2013 04:23 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  .

I know that is a bit unfair to the people who have already won matches against me (Awpertunity, Torbreck), but I think it would be better if I bow out of this for this season.

What - that is a complete outrage - no way!!!

Hehehe just kidding - of course Cor - no problem at all this tournament and indeed the whole game itself is for fun so putting you hand up for time out when it get's burdensome is the right thing to do.

See you in S3 mate Smile

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
11-05-2013, 06:30 AM
I definitely think you should count our game as a loss for me, Mag!c, it only makes sense.

And thanks for the support, I felt bad messing up the tournament, but it sounds like everyone's fine with it.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I agree that if a player drops out of the tournament, all of their games should be considered void for the tournament. This includes any games that have already finished - wins or losses.

Real life is definitely more important than this game and I completely understand why you are dropping out, Cor. For me, these games are brain taxing and time consuming - especially those critical turns. I assume they are for others as well.
11-05-2013, 10:15 AM
So if I understand correctly Torbreck and I are the winners of the tournament then? Greats, ggs all!