Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond 21 - 24 iPro [GG Clan Tourney]
10-25-2013, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:17 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: Diamond 8 - 24 iPro [GG Clan Tourney]
Quote:He asked for confirmation that they were ready; if you look at this thread history, they have asked a couple of times that we doublecheck before starting a match. They ignored this request for confirmation.

They weren't bound to answer. Also they had no replacement. I also told Memories to start the match because of this, and before it's Saturday and he agreed.

Quote:I am no way accusing them of this, but this could be viewed as a tactic to delay the start of the match until past the time limit.

As I said before, whether it was a tactic or not, they didn't have to answer. That's why I told Memories to start the match before Saturday. I event thought they were going to lose by forfeit. [/quote]

Quote:I am not accusing you of this either, but this could be viewed as a tactic by the tournament moderator to give a forfeit to a team that is closely challenging his own team for second place in the standings.

Will Good Game team not have his leader to defend his rights (accoding to the rules) and score just like you are doing it because he's the moderator? No way. The moderator gave 6 days to start the match. Even he (that is me) told Memories to start the match on Friday. Why didn't he start it? Did he just ignore him by the facts? I really thought iPro was going to lose by forfeit, which it wasn't convenient for me. Why the moderator didn't extend the deadline on his favor then? But instead he let Memories know he should start the match as soon as possible.

Quote:I am also not pleased with Thrutchy jumping on here after the fact looking for forfeits, when .Memories. request for confirmation was ignored, and his question about replacement players was ignored.

Whether trutchy is looking for forfeits or not, that's him. I realize you haven't been in a real tournament before, where many sport players are looking lawfully for forfeits as soon as they have the chance (specially the leaders or coaches). Even though, thrutchy is not the case.

To be continue...

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey, mate, a lot of what you are saying about intentionally not answering or looking for forfeits is not cool. I understand friendly competition, but this community will suffer if everyone is looking for the fastest / easiest way to win (outside of the game, of course).

Now, we've all calmed down and agreed that there were some misunderstandings and we are moving forward. I suggest you do the same.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2013, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:22 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
Quote:You've already changed the rules by adding this deadline.

The deadline was changed because it was true it was a very short time to catch up with the missing players. Anyway this was discussed minutes after I posted. Yet, if you didn't agree when you read, why didn't we read your opinion at that time (I understand if you were busy). Furthermore, I don't think I changed the rules by doing this.

Remember it was said from the beginning:
Quote:8. Some rules may change a little, depending on the convenience of all the participants.

6 days were given (I extended the deadline just 3 more days). More chance for everyone to start their matches.

What's more, personally I don't think this is the correct attitude you should have if you are complaning about this, beginning with the fact you were angry. I'd show the yellow card if I were a soccer referee. But in this case I'll be firm with what it was said

The match is officially a forfeit. iPro recieves 4 points.

I hope everyone can keep the peace and understand each other's standpoint.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
10-25-2013, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:43 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
And now I see I was right.
When both concerned clans agree on something, there is no point to come as the boss and declare that what you want to happen happens. Trutchy and terence, the two leaders of ipro, agreed to start the match, and wanted this argument to end, because it truly had no sense. If the clan that could have requested the forfeit actually refuses it, you have no right to declare the forfeit.

You are acting as if it was a professional tournament with a money prize, as if it was a counter strike tourney, but outwitters is not counter strike. You said it youself several times, this tournament is mainly for fun. You don't seem to realize your decision is unfair, and that it takes into account ONLY your opinion, not even ipro's one. No one else agrees with you, and you don't even seem to mind.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-25-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:32 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
I totally appreciate that you want to stand by the rules, Jesus. That's admirable. But honestly, no one involved in the match wants it to be a forfeit. Everyone has said, "let's go ahead with the match." So, respectfully, I think you should reconsider.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
10-25-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:59 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
I want to make it clear that members of Good Game Team had nothing to do with the decision I made.

(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I totally appreciate that you want to stand by the rules, Jesus. That's admirable. But honestly, no one involved in the match wants it to be a forfeit. Everyone has said, "let's go ahead with the match." So, respectfully, I think you should reconsider.

As a participant I would seriously agree with what you're saying. But I can't act like a normal participant but as a referee. I would see this decision as kind of rough.

Please give me some time to reconsider and think over this, I am at work right now. I'll be free in about 1 hour or so. I just want the rules to be kept but I don't want a grudge in the community either. Brb

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
10-25-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 04:28 AM by His_Daddy.)
OK I'm just standing up for this.
We don't care about being #2. If we do care about winning other than just having fun, then our aim is surely #1.
Who don't want to beat ipro Tongue

(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  I want to make it clear that members of Good Game Team had nothing to do with the decision I made.
10-25-2013, 05:52 AM
(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  I want to make it clear that members of Good Game Team had nothing to do with the decision I made.

No one even mentioned this.. ?

(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I totally appreciate that you want to stand by the rules, Jesus. That's admirable. But honestly, no one involved in the match wants it to be a forfeit. Everyone has said, "let's go ahead with the match." So, respectfully, I think you should reconsider.

As a participant I would seriously agree with what you're saying. But I can't act like a normal participant but as a referee. I would see this decision as kind of rough.

Why wouldn't you, as a participant, want to see the referee acting in all of the players' best interests?

(10-25-2013 03:32 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Please give me some time to reconsider and think over this, I am at work right now. I'll be free in about 1 hour or so. I just want the rules to be kept but I don't want a grudge in the community either. Brb

Thanks.

10-25-2013, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 06:06 AM by His_Daddy.)
I guess this is where the miscommunication comes from. There are too many posts and it's just normal to misread a few.

(10-25-2013 01:43 AM)amoffett Wrote:  I am not accusing you of this either, but this could be viewed as a tactic by the tournament moderator to give a forfeit to a team that is closely challenging his own team for second place in the standings.
(10-25-2013 05:52 AM).Memories. Wrote:  No one even mentioned this.. ?

Anyway, I'm sure Jesus will bring up a convincing solution. He's sort of conservative but mostly nice.
10-25-2013, 06:11 AM
I see how you might think that has to do the the members of GG, but I don't think amoffett was questioning if GG's members had input. It was rather jesus' intentions.