Make outwitters 2!
I don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters 2!
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Outwitters 2!
(09-15-2013 05:53 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  I also have spent a lot of time on Outwitters but alas I still am yet to receive a single dime for my valuable time. The lack of support from the community has left me disheartened and questioning whether or not there is any decency left in the world. I shall continue to plug away, for the love of the game, in the hope that one day all will come good.

In all seriousness though, being a bit of a purist, I like outwitters as it is and although my 1v1 career seems to have disappeared I still derive much enjoyment from 2v2 and the forum. Another game/ version/ upgrade? I say lets go for a completely new game. I think it was BB King who said "It's not the notes you play but the notes you don't play" Outwitters is a classic, and apart from a couple of tweaks (2v2 FTA etc) it's brilliant as it is. I'm hoping the apparent user longevity will see outwitters continue. Spread the word people. Of course thanks, yet again, to A&A for not pulling the plug on this fantastic game.

P. S. I have a growing family, a large mortgage and a rampant squirrel fishing addiction to fund so please help

Do you have a PhD in English

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
(09-15-2013 06:37 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(09-15-2013 05:53 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  I also have spent a lot of time on Outwitters but alas I still am yet to receive a single dime for my valuable time. The lack of support from the community has left me disheartened and questioning whether or not there is any decency left in the world. I shall continue to plug away, for the love of the game, in the hope that one day all will come good.

In all seriousness though, being a bit of a purist, I like outwitters as it is and although my 1v1 career seems to have disappeared I still derive much enjoyment from 2v2 and the forum. Another game/ version/ upgrade? I say lets go for a completely new game. I think it was BB King who said "It's not the notes you play but the notes you don't play" Outwitters is a classic, and apart from a couple of tweaks (2v2 FTA etc) it's brilliant as it is. I'm hoping the apparent user longevity will see outwitters continue. Spread the word people. Of course thanks, yet again, to A&A for not pulling the plug on this fantastic game.

P. S. I have a growing family, a large mortgage and a rampant squirrel fishing addiction to fund so please help

Do you have a PhD in English

Smile

I love Sunday mornings! So much nonsense, so little time

Everything Changes
09-16-2013, 02:54 PM
They should skip straight to Outwitters 3.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2013, 03:40 PM
(09-16-2013 02:54 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  They should skip straight to Outwitters 3.

Huh...who's side are you supporting?

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-16-2013, 07:05 PM
They should make outwitters 2 because outwitters 1 was a financial bomb and the concept and gameplay are fantastic... For the niche of smart nerdy types like probably everyone who has clicked on this thread. Here are my ideas for appealing to a broader audience.

First it should not be a free app. Then it should have fluff you can buy in game.. Unit skins and stuff.

Second, get rid of the hexes. Keep the hex concept, but a hex board is too entrenched in strict strategy games. Make the hexes togglable, and make the map obvious enough that you don't need them on.

Next, get rid of the cartoony art. Unfortunately it narrows down the appealability of the game. I love the irony of a game as complex as OW to look like its for children, but that will be lost on most people.

With that in mind, change the teams a bit. My ideas would be to borrow from other genres. A medieval team, a modern warfare team, a pirate team etc etc. Add a few more teams.

Next, create an addictive element to the game. Wins get you coins that can be redeemed for shit with little impact on the combat. I haven't thought enough on how to do this while redeeming the chess-like perfection of the gameplay..

Maybe have each team start with an upgradable, customizable general who's equipment and appearance can be swapped around... Ie you could make him a super heavy or a better sniper or whatever. Kinda like Heroes of Might and Magic.

The concept of this game is just to good to let it fade away. I imagine outwitters two is a pipe dream.. But I'm certain there are ways to make this game financially viable... Just gotta remember how easy gamers are to manipulate. The high concept strategy isn't how to do that.
09-16-2013, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 11:40 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i would advice you to censor your bad words before you get neg rep'd hehe
i like your ideas btw but i dont think outwitters 2 is gonna happen. i dont think theyll take another risk.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-17-2013, 12:45 AM
I think this game is just about perfect! The only things I'd want them to improve:

1. FTA for 2v2
2. Matching system for highest players (such as poweewee)
3. Matching system changes, so that you can't queue stack and 1st player can't pick the map.
4. Slight tweak to Vegginauts somehow

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-17-2013, 02:30 AM
(09-16-2013 03:40 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 02:54 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  They should skip straight to Outwitters 3.

Huh...who's side are you supporting?

The side of deadpan humor.

09-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Has anyone noticed there are four races in the game and only two developers? Then you take away the 5 placement matches required to be put into a league and you get

4 * 2 - 5 = 3

Outwitters 3 confirmed.
09-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Furthermore, if you add up the starting HP of both bases in 1v1, you get 10. And if you add up the wits it costs to spawn one of each of unit type (only counting the special once), you get 1 (runner) + 2 (medic) + 2 (soldier) + 3 (sniper) + 4 (heavy) + 7 (special) = 19. And if you add up the amount of damage all the unit types do, then you get 1 (runner) + 2 (soldier) + 3 (sniper) + 3 (heavy) + 3 (bombshell direct hit) + 1 (thorn) = 13 (I'm not counting bombshell splash, on account of Tongue).

10, 19, 13

October 19, 2013 must be the release date for Outwitters 3!

Numbers don't lie, people.