Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
04-30-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(04-30-2013 07:40 AM)bngn3000 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgOq3Aww

I've seen this opening a few times before and I was wondering if anyone knew a good counter. I win this only because I was adorables. As another race I would have likely been overrun before I had time to turtle.

Something you can do when you notice they don't take their wit space, is you can move the sniper over, hit the heavy, and then take out the heavy with the pre-existing runner, taking out the heavy, then you can either spawn runner and put on spawn, or spawn medic and buff sniper. That will give you the best lead, there.

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 02:52 AM by bngn3000.)
(04-30-2013 03:29 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 07:40 AM)bngn3000 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgOq3Aww

I've seen this opening a few times before and I was wondering if anyone knew a good counter. I win this only because I was adorables. As another race I would have likely been overrun before I had time to turtle.

Something you can do when you notice they don't take their wit space, is you can move the sniper over, hit the heavy, and then take out the heavy with the pre-existing runner, taking out the heavy, then you can either spawn runner and put on spawn, or spawn medic and buff sniper. That will give you the best lead, there.

I'm not so sure that is a good response. After I kill the heavy, if I spawn a runner and take the wit space, he spawns a soldier/runner to take out my original runner and uses his two other runners to kill my wit space runner and sniper, leaving me with just a heavy against his four pieces. If I spawn a medic and heal my sniper, I still lose it to the two runners and I lose my runner to whatever he spawns, leaving me with a heavy and a medic. In both of these scenarios I have lost control of my wit space.

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!
05-01-2013, 01:17 AM
The best I can think of is kill the runner up top, move your snipe down one, spawn medic, and move below sniper to buff.

The next turn, your sniper and medic are safe, if he still advances, you could hit the heavy or runner with safety before retreating the sniper further, and spawn a soldier or runner, buff and move to block your medic and sniper from the middle.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
05-01-2013, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 02:55 AM by bngn3000.)
(05-01-2013 01:17 AM)John3:16 Wrote:  The best I can think of is kill the runner up top, move your snipe down one, spawn medic, and move below sniper to buff.

The next turn, your sniper and medic are safe, if he still advances, you could hit the heavy or runner with safety before retreating the sniper further, and spawn a soldier or runner, buff and move to block your medic and sniper from the middle.

That works pretty well, but I would change one thing about it. Instead of moving the sniper down, you can move it to the right and snipe the heavy, then heal it. The 2HP sniper protects the medic and P1 has to retreat to keep the heavy.

Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
05-01-2013, 03:16 AM
Oh, right, the medic is safe in that case, so yeah, that would be the best.

The only bad thing about this move is if the person didn't move their runner to that upper spot but tried to fake you out. but then, that'd be pretty sneaky to not take their wit space and anticipate that you would take out the top runner...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
05-01-2013, 03:19 AM
(05-01-2013 03:16 AM)John3:16 Wrote:  Oh, right, the medic is safe in that case, so yeah, that would be the best.

The only bad thing about this move is if the person didn't move their runner to that upper spot but tried to fake you out. but then, that'd be pretty sneaky to not take their wit space and anticipate that you would take out the top runner...

That's why it's important to attack with your runner first. If it turns out its just a heavy, you don't have to buff the sniper and can take the wit space instead.

Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
05-01-2013, 03:37 AM
Yeah, true, I guess I forgot if the runner isn't there you would just take out the heavy.

05-01-2013, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 04:59 AM by TheGreatAnt.)
(04-30-2013 04:32 PM)bngn3000 Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 03:29 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  

I'm not so sure that is a good response. After I kill the heavy, if I spawn a runner and take the wit space, he spawns a soldier/runner to take out my original runner and uses his two other runners to kill my wit space runner and sniper, leaving me with just a heavy against his four pieces. If I spawn a medic and heal my sniper, I still lose it to the two runners and I lose my runner to whatever he spawns, leaving me with a heavy and a medic. In both of these scenarios I have lost control of my wit space.

Well, yes, that's the reason FTA is so strong. But, by making them attack with runners, they are a lot easier to destroy by soldiers.

05-01-2013, 04:58 AM
(05-01-2013 04:52 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, yes, that's the reason FTA is so strong. But, by making them attack with runners, they are a lot easier to destroy by soldiers. Do you want to play this out with me, you do their method, and I work around it? (or try, anyway)

John3:16 came up with a pretty good response where you get to keep your sniper, but I would be happy to work out the details in a friendly. I'm currently at my game limit but I'll invite you as soon as I finish one.

Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
05-01-2013, 05:00 AM
(05-01-2013 04:58 AM)bngn3000 Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 04:52 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, yes, that's the reason FTA is so strong. But, by making them attack with runners, they are a lot easier to destroy by soldiers. Do you want to play this out with me, you do their method, and I work around it? (or try, anyway)

John3:16 came up with a pretty good response where you get to keep your sniper, but I would be happy to work out the details in a friendly. I'm currently at my game limit but I'll invite you as soon as I finish one.

Ok, sure. A while back, I did a lot of playing around with this idea with Ryzuma. So, there are ways to get around it.