Poll: Do you prefer the new point system?
yes
no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you prefer the new point system?
02-23-2013, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 06:05 PM by phineas94.)
Do you prefer the new point system?
As opposed to the last one Big Grin

edit - I suppose I should have had a "don't care" option

Edit #2 - 78 185 views and only 11 20 votes! You lazy so and so's! Or is it because of the "don't care" omission? Smile

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Do you prefer the new point system?
I think "don't care" would have won the poll, yes

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
It's kinda asking the obvious Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-24-2013, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 12:48 PM by laYahooz.)
I don't really care. I guess this one is better than the last though
02-24-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 07:10 PM by phineas94.)
(02-24-2013 09:57 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  It's kinda asking the obvious Tongue

No. That's why I'm asking. I know what I think but alas am no mindreader. And with this incredibly popular poll almost in the balance I would assume it isn't obvious Rolleyes

Although if I were to speculate I would reckon that STs don't care/no, top 100 ranking masters to prefer the old, a mix of results for other high rank masters and then I' not sure about the fluffy to gifted results. I did think of splitting the yes/no into all the different leagues just to guage where the response was coming from but thought a more basic approach advisable. Judging by the hordes of players rushing to put their vote in I'm glad I did

Everything Changes
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
I dislike it more and more. When I was master, and won against titan, I earned around 13 points (cuz I had 1100 points). Now i'm in titan, an when I win my battles against master I earn more than 20 points, because I now have 400 points.

So it seems this system doesn't care about the tier at all, which is bas.

Why not making a point system based ONLY on hidden skills?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM
(02-24-2013 07:05 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I dislike it more and more. When I was master, and won against titan, I earned around 13 points (cuz I had 1100 points). Now i'm in titan, an when I win my battles against master I earn more than 20 points, because I now have 400 points.

So it seems this system doesn't care about the tier at all, which is bas.

Why not making a point system based ONLY on hidden skills?

That's interesting, you'd think it would be opposite - more points per win when you have less total points. This would offset the activity bias of the system, ie the more you play the harder it is to get points.

I do suspect there may be some tweaks going on behind the scenes. When first rolled out, loses cost 1 point, maybe 2. I now see some loses costing 10 points.

PS - I still voted yes to the new system for the poll here, I think in principal it's better for the overall user base (most people commenting seem to be top 200 tier players who I think have different issues than the larger gifted/clever population), but will admit its still not perfect.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-24-2013, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:35 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
The new system measures activity (# of games played) rather than player strength. It doesn't fulfill what it was originally meant to do, give a measure of who is the better player in each league. The old measure (the one we had originally when the game was launched, not the one where half the league had zero points by default), while not being perfect gave a rough idea.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
02-26-2013, 07:09 AM
I tend to agree with you, RT. If you win decently and play a full queue, you'll rise because the points come out to about +20 to +24 if playing similarly skilled players but only -1 to -4 on those losses.

If any of y'all play Clash of Clans, I think their trophy system is a decent points basis. If one player wins points, the other player loses the same amount. If higher ranked wins, they exchange less points (say, 15), but if lower ranked wins, they exchange a higher amount (i.e. 27).

Obviously this is significant when top-ranked players face off, since they will separate drastically from the results, but perhaps closely ranked players will swap less points (i.e. 10) given their comparable skill.

Gurleyman | 2v2 ST #1
02-27-2013, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 04:40 AM by CombatEX.)
I've seen so many posts by newcomers to the forums asking when they will be promoted because they are top of their division (in fact I just responded to a new one around an hour ago). This is but one of the problems with the new system which isn't actually skill based. It's misleading.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]