Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The New Bramble
02-01-2013, 12:41 AM
RE: The New Bramble
I know the game rule would be a little more complicated, which might go against their policy of simple game rules, but I thought the thorn healing each turn would have been a better improvement. I agree with Garcia's mind bullets, the new 3hp rule only helps (maybe) against the other teams, and not scallywags, which were the primary problem for the Veggies.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 03:00 AM
(02-01-2013 12:14 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get this reaction at all. I would like to have a substantive discussion about the bramble change, but it seems like I must take great care with how I phrase things, too? Anyway, what do you think of the change and its effect on the Scallywags and Adorables matchups?

I've seen your replays. You and your bombshells are definitely trolls (for those who don't understand my feeble attempt at humor: trolls live under bridges and are there strictly to prevent you from crossing. In this metaphor, Garcia's bombshells are the trolls and his bases are the bridges). As for the bramble update, I think only time will tell. However, I tend to think it's an improvent. 3 health is a pretty strong obstacle.
02-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Oh man - this is exciting! Is there some smack getting thrown in this thread?!

*Thumbs Up*

Super-Titan
02-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Y'all know I was just teasing about the bot thing, right? Wink

Anyway, yeah, I usually play Adorables, so I don't think I've been in a single matchup between Veggies and Scallies. Seems to me the only real way to figure out whether this is good or bad for whichever team is to play a lot of S v. V games and test it directly. Theorizing is good and all, but it only goes so far.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 03:13 AM
(01-31-2013 03:49 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(01-31-2013 02:00 PM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Sighs, some people still haven't figured Garcia out yet

I have, he's obviously a troll. You guys should all just ignore him since the purpose of his trolling is to attract attention to himself. Any comment, positive or otherwise, is just feeding an addiction.

if you don't believe me, try it anyways and see what happens Wink

I wasnt referring to him being a troll, just a very knowledgable person with a unique personality that has been taken way too seriously

iPro Clan
02-01-2013, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 05:29 AM by Gavin Wins.)
An opponent should never be able to kill a thorn for zero wits. If thorns are going to return a wit on kill, thorns should have 4hp, not 3.

Two alternative solutions to thorns that are each better than the current 3hp+return wit on kill:

1) Revert thorns how they were before, but allow a medic to select any thorn on the board to heal remotely when it heals the Bramble

2) Revert thorns how they were before, but allow them to auto-regenerate 1hp a turn (up to 2hp), unless they had been previously healed by a medic. If previously healed by a medic, the auto-regen should cap at 3hp on the thorn that has previously been healed.
02-01-2013, 05:27 AM
Give the Bramble 6hp

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
(01-31-2013 03:49 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(01-31-2013 02:00 PM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Sighs, some people still haven't figured Garcia out yet

I have, he's obviously a troll. You guys should all just ignore him since the purpose of his trolling is to attract attention to himself. Any comment, positive or otherwise, is just feeding an addiction.

if you don't believe me, try it anyways and see what happens Wink

Hmmmm, I'm trying to remember the word that describes someone who tells you to do something and then he does the opposite.
02-02-2013, 12:22 AM
hypocrite

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-02-2013, 01:22 AM
(02-01-2013 11:41 PM)Willythewile Wrote:  ....
Hmmmm, I'm trying to remember the word that describes someone who tells you to do something and then he does the opposite.

(02-02-2013 12:22 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  hypocrite

That was quite condescending