Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
01-26-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
If I were your opponent, that would confuse me, to be honest. I'd be like, "we're still in the middle of things, aren't we?" And I'd start looking for ways you can win on the next turn. But then I'd be like, "whatever," and I'd just keep playing. I certainly wouldn't start cussing you out or anything.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 05:06 AM by myninja527.)
I think people need to stop being little b*tches. It's a game. I say gg whenever the outcome is determined regardless of whether it is a w or a l. People should have more important things to concern themselves with besides whether or not a "gg" was condescending or legitimate. I also agree that people should refrain from vulgarity.

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 05:11 AM
Totally agree with you myninja, you expressed perfectly my feelings. Blush

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Rainbow RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
In general unless I am talking to the other person all game I don't say good game. I find Outwitters to be a fairly quiet game where no one says anything in general. The game is alot like chess and people play it that way most of the time.
01-26-2013, 07:50 AM
(01-26-2013 12:34 AM)Ryzuma Wrote:  I say "Good game man". Can't rly take that the wrong way

Unless I'm a woman Tongue

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
01-26-2013, 08:14 AM
(01-26-2013 05:31 AM)^=discipulus=^ Wrote:  In general unless I am talking to the other person all game I don't say good game. I find Outwitters to be a fairly quiet game where no one says anything in general. The game is alot like chess and people play it that way most of the time.

But in chess, you dont say GG until the games over

iPro Clan
01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
As you know, I am very important and my time is valuable. Therefore, I do not say anything at the end of a match, unless my opponent says something first, because doing otherwise can unnecessarily offend others.
01-26-2013, 01:30 PM
(01-26-2013 11:58 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  As you know, I am very important and my time is valuable. Therefore, I do not say anything at the end of a match, unless my opponent says something first, because doing otherwise can unnecessarily offend others.

LMAO

iPro Clan
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm sensing a catch phrase forming here...

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
(01-26-2013 01:53 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 04:50 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  It really doesn't matter what you intended. It's what he feels on the recieving end. It's like calling someone a fuc***g fa***t and tell them you were joking. Also, I kinda understand the the vulgar sentence, I've had people say GG to me before a game was over and I felt like punching them through the screen. It's just not good sportsmanship and comes off as arrogant and cocky as people said before

Seriously? Get humor, + Outwitters is a game, and as awesome as it is, freaking out for a game is really not the point. There's nothing bad about it, simply two words, you totally overact for such a simple sentence oO I don't mean to offend you but you're seriously shocking me, there's nothing to worry about here. I wouldn't like to see you being frustrated for something that matters for real.
I'll stop to say GG before the end, simply because I seem not to feel this game (and all video games) same as others, even though I think all the guys who don't appreciate this at all and understand a behavior like this guys has had need to be less sensible and don't over-understand a simple sentence like "good game" said 20 sec before the end. Nothing matters in a game, wow, I rly didn't expect to be the one to blame instead of the one to whom we explain how to deal with an insulting and mean (he still didn't play) player.

What's more, I didn't only say "gg", I also said a friendly sentence, so this player, you mr.banger and other shouldn't take such little "unpolitness" for problematic ones. But some of you guys are agreeing with him telling that. What's the point?

I have had a lot of good discussions with players, talking about our battle and having fun even though I said (or my opponent said) gg before.

Edit: I may have been too rude, sry for that, but I can't understand what is so bad about this.

Eh, I agree with Mr.Banger. It has to do with what game/background you came from. I played Starcraft before Outwitters and I've become accustomed to the notion that calling an early gg when you're winning is not only arrogant, but also an intentional jab at your opponent meant to degrade. As I have been conditioned this way over my time with Starcraft, an early gg in any game really gets me even if I know my opponent doesn't mean it. I actually haven't had anyone call an early gg on me in Outwitters so far, but I know I'd be furious. I would keep it to myself since I know this is a different community and it wasn't meant to put me down as it would have been had it been in Starcraft 2, but the mental conditioning is still there and hard to break.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]