Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Melodramatic Mini Mobi Tourney [Winner: awpertunity!]
11-29-2012, 06:22 AM
RE: Melodramatic Mini Mobi Tourney
(11-29-2012 03:04 AM)bmike Wrote:  Hey - if you are starting a tournament game - please send a chat message before you move that this is a tourney game. I play lots of games loose - but want to not buff a game where replays are posted, etc...

I'm sure all your opponents will appreciate this - especially if your game center name has nothing to do with your forum name. Don't make us guess who you are :-) Also, I'm kind of dumb - how do the maps work - the challenger gets to pick whatever map or are the maps intended to be used for each round somehow? I missed the mapping from a list of maps to specific games that get played.

Round one is peekaboo followed by sweetie plains. (Mobi's natural habitat)
After that I rolled a die and got the scallywag's maps then the Veggienaughts. The feedback ones are excluded. I put them in a small then big then small etc. cycle.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Awesome - would you consider editing the main post to show rounds for maps? Also, does the loser's bracket start at round 1 or should that be round 2 map for the first time two losers meet.
11-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Round two is when the loser meet.

11-29-2012, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 01:22 PM by joelduque.)
Match A
Peekaboo
P1 joelduque
P2 bmike
Winner: joelduque

Thanks for a relatively speedy match. I am learning the way of the ninja mobi. Apologies for not stating in advance that the invite was a tourney match. I just assumed you already knew. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
(11-29-2012 01:17 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Match A
Peekaboo
P1 joelduque
P2 bmike
Winner: joelduque

Thanks for a relatively speedy match. I am learning the way of the ninja mobi. Apologies for not stating in advance that the invite was a tourney match. I just assumed you already knew. Smile

I didn't even realize it was a tourney and was just messing around until turn 10. I almost asked for a do over, but when I looked at my moves - they were actually not horrible - so I let it ride. Looking at the replay now that fog of war is gone - I had fair chances up to turn 35 or so. I learned to recognize the rope-a-dope attacking style (did you try that before on that board - I like where you put the pieces) and also learned to consolidate better before going on the offensive (to the slaughter in that game's case) so I'm happy with the results. Thanks for the lesson. Seeing all the replays is going to be nice.
11-30-2012, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 01:17 AM by joelduque.)
(11-30-2012 12:15 AM)bmike Wrote:  I didn't even realize it was a tourney and was just messing around until turn 10. I almost asked for a do over, but when I looked at my moves - they were actually not horrible - so I let it ride. Looking at the replay now that fog of war is gone - I had fair chances up to turn 35 or so. I learned to recognize the rope-a-dope attacking style (did you try that before on that board - I like where you put the pieces) and also learned to consolidate better before going on the offensive (to the slaughter in that game's case) so I'm happy with the results. Thanks for the lesson. Seeing all the replays is going to be nice.

I was thinking twice of offering a redo about 25% into the match after having read your position here; I was thinking it would be fair with you to do so. Watched some replay of mobis and some friendly matches I had. Mid game I think you had the chance to launch a successful counterattack. Made more than a couple of mistakes myself. It was definitely a very worthwhile learning experience for me too. Again, thank you! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-30-2012, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 08:46 AM by laYahooz.)
Don't know if I have to post all of this but:
Pekaboo
laYahooz
Ser Purple Wolf
Winner: laYahooz
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2-P8AQw
This was a pretty good game! We both went thought about 10000 Mobis haha
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
You didn't have to, but it's nice for other people who want to watch. Turn 68 was a misclick for the extra mobi. >.< I lost anyways by then, I just don't want people to think I went totally insane and bought more mobis

11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
(11-30-2012 08:51 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  You didn't have to, but it's nice for other people who want to watch. Turn 68 was a misclick for the extra mobi. >.< I lost anyways by then, I just don't want people to think I went totally insane and bought more mobis

You minus well play insanely if you think our screwed. I misclick all the time but never spawned the wrong unit XD
11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
(11-30-2012 10:19 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(11-30-2012 08:51 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  You didn't have to, but it's nice for other people who want to watch. Turn 68 was a misclick for the extra mobi. >.< I lost anyways by then, I just don't want people to think I went totally insane and bought more mobis

You minus well play insanely if you think our screwed. I misclick all the time but never spawned the wrong unit XD

I was running up the stair two at a time. I picked out the sniper, but when I hit the check a mobi came out. My face -> :0