Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
11-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
I was just looking at the Cold Acorn master division and noticed the top 4 teams all have 1200-1500 points. I don't know how this is possible. When we beat the #1 team in that division, we get 6 or 8 points. Obviously our hidden ranking must be higher but we've been grinding away winning 70-80% of our games and only have 963 points. The math on this one is lost on me. Did something similar to what happened with MrBanger and Alexjiang happen to these teams? For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there were a couple days where they were given 40 or more wins because of a server error (they're still the best team with our without those wins). KZ0511, I know you're on here. How did you guys get so many points so quickly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
I'd rather have a real honest to goodness 2v2 ranking list!!!!
11-08-2012, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't worry about points if I was you, higher number of points could be cumulative from grinding through the lower leagues
11-08-2012, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 06:09 AM by joelduque.)
Even though they would still be leading without the server error, I think it should be corrected and the much awaited top 2v2 list be released before or at most by the next app update! The devs owe it to the community especially those who play 2v2 games exclusively or as the majority. Give appropriate recognition where it is due! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-08-2012, 08:52 AM
(11-08-2012 05:55 AM)blckace Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about points if I was you, higher number of points could be cumulative from grinding through the lower leagues

I didn't think about that. When my teammate and I started playing 2v2 there was only one division of masters players so you knew exactly how everyone was progressing. I can see that it's expanding pretty rapidly as we are playing new opponents all the time. For a long time, we were playing the same group of 8-10 teams. I think that's why our division has a much lower average score. We got in early and beat each other up from there.
11-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Dont worry about how many points you get for each match. you will feel comfortable when the top player list for 2v2 is available because your partner & you should be on the top 5 or even higher. Smile
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
(11-08-2012 11:28 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Dont worry about how many points you get for each match. you will feel comfortable when the top player list for 2v2 is available because your partner & you should be on the top 5 or even higher. Smile

If it comes outUndecided

iPro Clan
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
(11-08-2012 05:17 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I was just looking at the Cold Acorn master division and noticed the top 4 teams all have 1200-1500 points. I don't know how this is possible. When we beat the #1 team in that division, we get 6 or 8 points. Obviously our hidden ranking must be higher but we've been grinding away winning 70-80% of our games and only have 963 points. The math on this one is lost on me. Did something similar to what happened with MrBanger and Alexjiang happen to these teams? For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there were a couple days where they were given 40 or more wins because of a server error (they're still the best team with our without those wins). KZ0511, I know you're on here. How did you guys get so many points so quickly?

Want to be at the top? It's easy, start a new team and just lose all your placement matches and maybe a couple more for good measure. As you then start winning all your games, you will continuously get matched up higher and higher, earning 30+ points per game.

If on the other hand you jump right into winning all your games, you will win around 6-12 points per game on average, maybe sometimes upwards of 20, but rarely.
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 03:19 PM by Mr.Banger.)
Haha. I would say we were glitched much more than 40 wins
And I don't know if this has anything to do with it but... We were playing a match against josecuervo and onalexleft before the glitch and it was a very long game and started glitching and not letting Jose make his move, so we messaged Alex about it and he extended the timing out period for thatgame because we really wanted to finish it since it was exciting.
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
(11-08-2012 03:17 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Haha. I would say we were glitched much more than 40 wins
And I don't know if this has anything to do with it but... We were playing a match against josecuervo and onalexleft before the glitch and it was a very long game and started glitching and not letting Jose make his move, so we messaged Alex about it and he extended the timing out period for thatgame because we really wanted to finish it since it was exciting.

Yeah, I remember. We were somewhere around 5th place and it was right around the time that the first cheater was outed. We were grinding and watching you guys go up like 200 points a day. We were certain you guys were cheating until you posted here. Well, I guess we weren't totally wrong. Tongue