Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Soon to be Elite Tournament - Season 2 - Quarterfinals
10-18-2014, 02:27 AM
RE: The Soon to be Elite Tournament - Season 2 - Group Play Stage
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhZXWpgkM

Time out

I am done for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2014, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 05:54 AM by lawtai.)
Hmm, since I gave 77BigD forfeits for all his games, and FrozenNorthernKid has timed out in a bunch, I'm just going to forfeit the rest of his games to even out the forfeits for both groups.

Group 1 results basically will depend on games with Flarp...

Group 2 results will depend on how 22swarm finishes out his last 2 games. If Xerozen, PasswordisTaco, and 22Swarm all end up at 4-2, it looks like we'll need a tiebreaker game.

[Image: sig.png]
10-18-2014, 06:04 AM
How would a 3-way tie breaker work?

GC: -PasswordisTaco-
10-18-2014, 06:13 AM
So 2 of the 3 will move on to the next round since you guys are tied for 2nd and 3rd place. I'm trying to think of a way that would get us to a playoff the quickest. I could have you guys play a mini round robin, but that would be 3 extra games. I could go back and tally turns it took to win your games, and fewest turns move on. Any opinions?

10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Well I would love to say fewest turns, since my wins were 11,14,15, and 17 turns! But that is not a fair way to do it since people might have played differently if they had known this, and especially since the frozennorthernkid probably timed out at different turns in his games.

Head to head record wouldn't work either since if that scenario happened we would each have a 1-1 record vs each other.

I guess I would say round robin, but that could end up with us all wining 1 game and losing 1 game again!

Well hopefully 22swarm doesn't win both of his remaining games and we won't have to worry about it (no offense 22swarm)

10-18-2014, 08:47 AM
I definitely wouldn't count any of frozennorthernkids games if I did turn count.

10-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Lol sorry to disappoint

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2bLdlggM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2cnfhAoM

You can do number of turns if you want but you can't really ask our opinion since we know what the outcome will be by going that route. And if you do, I agree you shouldn't count the timeouts against FNK. Maybe we could do one round robin robin round and use number of turns if that ends up in a tie
10-18-2014, 10:51 AM
(10-18-2014 08:50 AM)22swarm Wrote:  Lol sorry to disappoint

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2bLdlggM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2cnfhAoM

You can do number of turns if you want but you can't really ask our opinion since we know what the outcome will be by going that route. And if you do, I agree you shouldn't count the timeouts against FNK. Maybe we could do one round robin robin round and use number of turns if that ends up in a tie

That sounds fair to me. We could just replay our games, and switch who is P1/P2.

10-18-2014, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 12:47 PM by lawtai.)
Ok, since Xerozen, 22Swarm, and GK are in a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd place, we'll have a quick playoff to see which of the 2 make it in. I like the idea of the fewest combined turns in the round robin getting the tie breaker if there's another tie. So here are the matchups.

All games to be played on Reaper, since none of you played each other on that map.

Game 1
-PasswordisTaco- (P1) v 22Swarm (P2)

Game 2
22Swarm (P1) v Xerozen (P2)

Game 3
Xerozen(P1) v -PasswordisTaco- (P2)

Remember, 2 of you will be moving on and the tie breaker is fewest combined turns in your games, accounting for P1 or P2.

Please go ahead and start your games. Unless you guys post here to let me know of an issue, you will have 1 week to start your game.

10-19-2014, 10:48 AM
For group 1, if there is a tie for let's say 3rd, would there be a playoff or would it depend on the situation?