Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
09-09-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (GRAND FINALS)
I love the move to snipe the soldier on the far wit tile, really crippled the defensive ability of Orange to stop the Forced Win. Of course the key to victory in this case was depriving orange of his wit tile, preventing him from Mobi+sniping your mobi ensuring victory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 03:17 AM by Juslas.)
Earlier hitting heavy with a runner and bringing another next to soldier made our attack defendable.
There are plenty of a wit short situations for both teams.
This short match is a gem.
But team one should win ;-)
09-20-2014, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 06:12 AM by Juslas.)
Both encounters were 2-1, but pharmafan and HolySab won a match against FTA.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhoDdpgoM
All those medics was the best move indeed. In my opinion. But medic does not have firepower.
Also if you watch the replay, note that there is a scramble threat from the spawn (early on). Later there is no wits for special, so both teams do not need to worrie about getting scrambled.
09-20-2014, 06:24 AM
(09-20-2014 06:10 AM)Juslas Wrote:  Both encounters were 2-1, but pharmafan and HolySab won a match against FTA.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhoDdpgoM
All those medics was the best move indeed. In my opinion. But medic does not have firepower.
Also if you watch the replay, note that there is a scramble threat from the spawn (early on). Later there is no wits for special, so both teams do not need to worrie about getting scrambled.

GG Juslas and Akkete! Was an incredible match again. We must admit that we hadn't seen your perfect move in turn 21 coming and never found an answer to that. Is there any?!? Really superbly played! We enjoyed our battles and the chats and messages and when you guys ever come to Hamburg the steaks and beers are on us! Smile
09-20-2014, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 07:49 PM by Juslas.)
There was need to keep mobi safe, since you had gradually improved your troops position. There were other good choices, but this one standed out. For us it was important to pull your troops away from our base, too. This turn was not part of our initial strategy. Turn 21 had stronger defense than attack feel to us.
During following rounds there were some "hitting halfway" plays. Maybe going for kill instead, you did know that there was not enough wits to be scrambled.
But overall your defense was superb and unique. Mechanism is wide map to defend, we had attack plans and paths towards the middle base, too.
09-22-2014, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 12:05 AM by GreatGonzales.)
I was wondering about the third game of this match! Smile

Love the bold move on 21! Force them to take the heavy and leave mobi alive. Mechanism is a map that I haven't been able to master...things can change so quickly!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
10-26-2014, 04:26 PM
First one just finished!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoaL1nAgM

GG Gavin & Power!
10-27-2014, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:17 PM by Juslas.)
I am no expert on Acrospire, but my advice is to let p1 and p2 to take two bonus hexagons. And preferred race for extra wit is adorables. Maybe bramble benefits from extra wit, but doesn't thrones evidently cover "opponents bonus hexagons". Therefor Adorables benefits most from extra wit?
Choosing to swap specials is always a bold decision, I wouldn't have done it myself. Anyways, that play made the match replay nice to watch as intensity shifted from side to side.
Winners attack was once again spot on. No looking back to lost mobi, charging with soldiers. Nice.
11-06-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 07:16 PM by Pharmafan.)
(10-27-2014 12:21 AM)Juslas Wrote:  I am no expert on Acrospire, but my advice is to let p1 and p2 to take two bonus hexagons. And preferred race for extra wit is adorables. Maybe bramble benefits from extra wit, but doesn't thrones evidently cover "opponents bonus hexagons". Therefor Adorables benefits most from extra wit?
Choosing to swap specials is always a bold decision, I wouldn't have done it myself. Anyways, that play made the match replay nice to watch as intensity shifted from side to side.
Winners attack was once again spot on. No looking back to lost mobi, charging with soldiers. Nice.

Thanks for your commentary and analysis, Juslas. I also think that turn 13 wasn't the best decision but it was also very hard for us to figure out how to deal with the new situation without the mobis and with the bramble on the board. Perhaps Gavin and Power can comment why they decided to swap the specials? In the end this was a rather uncommon Acrospire game where troopers cross the board without the help of specials.

Here's the second one:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4Yf6qgsM

GG Gavin&Power!

Was kind of a mobi infestation Smile
11-07-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 06:37 AM by PowerCrazy.)
Well when we traded specials we knew that if we could hold off your attack, we would win. However, since we are a bit out of practice, we didn't have the most effective defense. Additionally, while we were pretty aware of your wit-count, I think we wasted just a few too many wits with thorns, and the strategy to force you to "waste" wits healing your units, was actually a wit loser for us. Better strategy would have been to develop "blue side" of the board of the board, because as you can see from the replay, I had zero units over there.

Basically being out of practice made us forget how the "tempo" of the game goes.

Machination was a miscalculated move. The only defense you had was blocking with the scout. A lesser team would have executed the counter incorrectly allowing us to win, but of course, this is the Grand Finals, so we shouldn't have taken that risk especially since the counter was losing both our supers....

Similar thing happened on Sugar Rock (which should time out soon), as soon as we put both Mobi's down south that was your chance to win the base race assuming you started immediately which you guys correctly did. Because of your reaction to that move, we would need 3-4 rounds to wear your defenses down south, but you guys were able to win in 2-3. C'est la Vi!

Good Games you guys, Good Tournament GG!