Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
10-26-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
(10-25-2013 11:34 PM)Fnordu Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 09:51 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  This is a turn based game. Period. A lot of people who play this game have busy lives, or just take their time to play, and they have the right to. If you don't accept this, go play a RTS, but don't come here to complain about what is the core of outwitters as if it was an obvious problem. If it was one, it would have been fixed for a long time now, because everyone would have complained.

I understand it's a turned based game. There are also multiple versions of this game too I.E. League, friendly and pass to play. You're telling me you don't have a couple minutes within a 48hour period to make your next move? That's the world making 2 full revolutions. I'm only asking for a time constraint on league games. The rest can take as long as they want. I don't think that's unreasonable. I have played many turn based games and they have never had this long of a waiting period in between turns. I like the game and I think this would be a good way to improve upon it. There have been many games where I check the status of current games and my opponent is more often than not ranked. And when it's been 3+ days that tells me they are not very serious about playing. Maybe they lost interest. So I suffer by giving up to try and find someone else who wants to? That doesn't seem right.

Like Mag!c, I would have to agree. Fluffy/Clever people tend to have less dedication to the game and will take longer (or not play).

Gifted players take, on average, the fastest. Master is a close second.

Once you get to high master, you start to have these longer turns. ST games would last up to 4 days per turn. The top ST players have these long turn times on a regular basis, from what I hear.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How long before "inactive" games are "lost" - [PETA] Doodat - 10-26-2013 12:07 AM