Move After Scrambling
Nothing, it's fine as is
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Scramblers get a buff?
06-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Should Scramblers get a buff?
I'm pretty sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but I had to bring this up again.

In short, a Scrambler is not worth the 9-10 wit investment it takes to spawn one around 75% of the time I've seen one made. In most games I've seen, it only takes a player 3-4 wits to kill a Scrambler and the unit it scrambled. Compared to other specials where it takes several turns, units and wits to kill the thing. I think this is ridiculous.

So here are what I think are some balanced changes to it:

Movement 4: Scramblers generally have to hide behind tougher units in order to work, effectively giving them a range of 2. 4 movement would allow them to scramble from farther away while still being frail and easy to kill.

Full HP Scrambling: Currently when a unit is scrambled it is reduced to 1 HP. This makes it hard to defend a scrambler as a simple runner can often kill the scrambled unit and the scrambler can then be killed by anything nearby. Getting the units at their pre-scrambling HP would make it easier to defend the scrambler and thus harder for your opponent to kill, making it worth the investment.

More HP: An HP increase of just 1 would at least make the Scrambler a bit more difficult to deal with than just "move soldier, attack. Dead." It takes a minimum of 2 attacks to kill most other specials, especially if boosted. The Scrambler should be the same.

Lower Spawning Cost: Reduce the Scramblers cost to 5 or 6. Currently, Scramblers are most effective when there are more than one of them. Reducing their cost would make this strategy more viable, and make them less of a terrible investment when their average lifespan is considered.

Move after Scrambling: Currently a Scrambler is a sitting duck after it brainwashes a unit. Allowing it to move after it scrambles a unit (perhaps reduced to 2 movement instead of 3 after scrambling) would allow it to move out of the way of would be counterattackers, and would allow other units to jump in and defend it.

of course all of these could be instead of getting a bonus wit for scrambling or something, I just think the think should be slightly harder to kill, or failing that, slightly more powerful, or cheaper.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should Scramblers get a buff? - ElPared - 06-10-2013 06:20 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - (Rone) - 06-10-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - (Rone) - 06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Szei - 06-10-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - (Rone) - 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Gf!sh - 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Szei - 06-11-2013, 04:17 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Szei - 06-11-2013, 07:29 AM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Gf!sh - 06-11-2013, 05:14 AM