Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
the gameplay doesn't have to change for a sequel to work. Splinter Cell 2 had almost no changes from the original, Zombieville 2 basically just had updated graphics. All Mario games play the same, all that changes is the power ups. The list goes on. The point is that fundamentally a sequel almost never changes the core gameplay.

Take Chess. I think 3D Chess (the one with multi-tiered boards) could be considered "Chess 2." Fundamentally it plays the same, but there are new elements added that make it a different game.

Outwitters 2 could be the same principle. Just add new maps and/or teams (possibly in place of some of the current ones), have muli-platform support, and include something else to set it apart. Field hazards would be cool, I think. And maybe different capturable tiles besides just bonus wit spaces. Bam, sequel. Is the game the same at its core? Yes. Would it play much differently than the first? Again, yes.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters??? - ElPared - 04-15-2013 11:40 AM