Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Wink post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
since there are a LOT of threads now about how under/overpowered the Bramble is, I think it might be time to start another "how to balance the special units" thread. So here are my ideas, and feel free to post your own Smile

Mobi: I think Mobi is perfect the way it is. No change

Bombshell: I think Bombshell is the most OP unit in the game. It's incredibly hard to kill, easy to defend and more than one of them is almost unstoppable. I have 2 ideas on how to "fix" it:

1: have it spawn shelled. This would be both a nerf and a buff. A buff because it would have an impact the turn you play it like all the other specials. However this is a nerf because it effectively makes it cost 10 wits to make one. 7 to spawn +1 to unshell +1 to move +1 more to reshell.

2: it can unshell and move, in the same turn, but it cannot move and shell in the same turn. It can also shell and fire in the same turn. This forces the bombshell to be exposed in it's unarmored state for a turn if you want to move it, allowing your opponent the chance to punish you for defending it poorly.

-and one last thing for both ideas: the maximum number of wits a Bombshell can gain for killing units is 1. This removes the wit advantage gained from killing more than one unit with splash damage.

Scrambler: the problem with Scramblers is they're frail, and because their ability is so strong any buff to them could make them totally OP. My fix (which is probably pretty OP):

-Allow Scrambler to brainwash from a distance of 2 hexes, but remove the +1 wit for scrambling units. This rewards the Feedback player for defending their Scrambler but also puts them at a wit disadvantage when brainwashing units.

Bramble: There are a lot of suggestions for "fixing" the Bramble, but here's mine:

-Increase thorn HP back to 3, remove ability for thorns to attack. Instead, when a thorn is attacked in melee it deals 1 damage to the unit that attacked it at a range of 1. For example if a 3 HP soldier attacked a thorn, the thorn would go to 1 HP, and retaliate for 1 damage, bringing the soldier to 2. If a Sniper attacked the same thorn, the thorn would be destroyed and the sniper would take no damage unless it attacked the thorn point blank.

-Add some way to track which thorns are parents of other thorns. This could be done simply by highlighting all thorns that are children of a thorn when that thorn is tapped (by either player). This would make taking down chains of thorns easier for the opponent, but also make it easier to for the V player to figure out which thorns made what.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
post your Special Unit balancing ideas here - ElPared - 03-28-2013 07:49 AM