Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
09-17-2013, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 12:53 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date]
Plus, this tournament should revitalize (hopefully) interest and activity in clans! We want everybody to show their best and maybe we'll get more people to join the clans and breath some life into it that way.

Maybe this will boost iPro clan membership =)

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 12:57 AM
If all clans had a similar mix of skill levels, I'd agree. But, I think there is a wide disparity between some. Without a handicap system, why should a clan use anyone but the highest ranked players that are willing? I like Alvendor's King of the Hill handicap method the best - the skill level delta determines how many wits the higher skilled player has to throw away.
09-17-2013, 03:31 AM
I disagree with the handicaps, if a clan has better member, then it has to win, nothing else!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-17-2013, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 04:09 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
(09-17-2013 03:31 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I disagree with the handicaps, if a clan has better member, then it has to win, nothing else!

Exactly. That's it. That makes sense. A team with good players will get better results.

Furthermore every clan had the opportunity to set its best 6 players to play. iPro is doing good.

There are still some points left anyway. A meeting match is worth 9 points. 9 x 4 = 36 points just in meetings.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2013, 04:54 AM
ok. I guess I'm in in the minority. I was just trying to help out those clans that have decided to take players from all leagues and not many ST's.
09-17-2013, 04:57 AM
(09-17-2013 04:54 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  ok. I guess I'm in in the minority. I was just trying to help out those clans that have decided to take players from all leagues and not many ST's.

Haha nice try Tongue

This is about gaming and having fun my friend. So, I think we all are enjoying. Big Grin

For the grand final, the two team should set their best players anyway. Cool

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2013, 04:59 AM
Anyway, this is irrelevant to this tournament since the rules have been set a long time ago.

I hope everyone is still having fun even though the skill levels are quite different between some clans. It seems like they are.
09-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Yeah, that type of tournament is fun. If somebody sets up a next one, it can be more that style.

You can try to set a # of people per league that play and if you don't have players in the league, the you can choose someone from a higher league, but take a handicap.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Current win efficiency per clan (points won/total points played):

iPro: 70.7%
Good Game: 60.5%
Diamond League: 45.2%
Wolfpack: 36.0%
Anonymous: 29.3%

09-19-2013, 12:40 AM
thx for the information!
(09-19-2013 12:25 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Current win efficiency per clan (points won/total points played):

iPro: 70.7%
Good Game: 60.5%
Diamond League: 45.2%
Wolfpack: 36.0%
Anonymous: 29.3%