Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Haha, thanks Alvendor!
-8: I'll keep in mind what damage certain units do

P.S. When the game finished he didn't say anything Tongue I think he was very mad that he lost on long line with FTA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 11:30 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0aQ-DA

I keep doing the example for clicky link, but it never works Sad
07-13-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 05:08 PM by pookywb.)
(07-13-2012 07:29 AM)Harti Wrote:  @pookywb: First of all, I always pause the game before the opponent does their turn for writing down my thoughts. Although it may look like I just watched what happened and then bitched about it, it's not like that. Big Grin

Not a problem. Frankness is how I learn! Tongue

(07-13-2012 07:29 AM)Harti Wrote:  - 17: Sorry to be that harsh but you played a rock solid game up until now and now you're ditching it for a pointless kamikaze attack onto an uncritical area.
Firstly: Mobi's strength is teleporting Snipers. Use it.
Secondly: You do know he's got a Sniper around?
Thirdly: You do know he could have amassed as much wit as you have in order to buy a Scrambler?
An all-out attack with many units should actually only be considered if you're 100% sure you can beat your opponent's base down before they can destroy all of your units.
You were actually really lucky that your opponent neither seemed to care about destroying Mobi, nor had 10 wit left to scramble your Heavy and kick your Mobi.

My thoughts around this time were fairly odd. I had noticed that most of the people I was playing against attacked first, got crushed and were slowly pushed back to their doom. With all this in my head, I'm not sure what made it a good idea for me to attack. Tongue

Also, I thought he had a scrambler at turn 12. Which makes my decision even more mysterious. He could have turned my soldier and killed my Mobi then.

(07-13-2012 07:29 AM)Harti Wrote:  -
- 27: Err... what was the point in moving your Sniper? Couldn't you just have sucked that freshly built Sniper at the bottom in for that 1 wit? :O

o.O Mind blown. New to Mobi. Thanks for the advice.

(07-13-2012 07:29 AM)Harti Wrote:  - 39: I think this was the wrong call. You should have destroyed the Sniper instead as it will probably trap you later.

Mmm. Ok. I debated that for a really long time. Will take your advice into account next time I have to choose between a sniper and a medic.

(07-13-2012 07:29 AM)Harti Wrote:  - 41: Not sure why you resigned... at all. This game wasn't lost at all.

I was overwhelmed by the number of turns, and ready to be placed soon. Watching other games though, I think you're right. Next time I'll stick it out till the end. Or closer anyway. Tongue

Thanks for the advice!

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
07-13-2012, 05:16 PM
(07-13-2012 05:07 PM)pookywb Wrote:  Mmm. Ok. I debated that for a really long time. Will take your advice into account next time I have to choose between a sniper and a medic.

On this, go for completely destroying an attacking and threatening unit over a medic most times. Not only the sniper capable of dealin heavy damage, it costs more to create too, whereas the medic might be a long term sublime thread, but it can't kill you. Normally. Tongue
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
(07-13-2012 05:16 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(07-13-2012 05:07 PM)pookywb Wrote:  Mmm. Ok. I debated that for a really long time. Will take your advice into account next time I have to choose between a sniper and a medic.

On this, go for completely destroying an attacking and threatening unit over a medic most times. Not only the sniper capable of dealin heavy damage, it costs more to create too, whereas the medic might be a long term sublime thread, but it can't kill you. Normally. Tongue

I'd second that. Go for the Sniper UNLESS:
- they can boost another Sniper
- they can heal a heavily damaged unit
- they can boost a unit in a way so that would annoy you a lot
- it's in your way to win the game next turn

It's usually easier for them to get a Medic back to the field (as said it's cheaper and has more movement) than to respawn a Sniper. Sometimes (see exceptions above) you want to go for the Medic though.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-14-2012, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 03:58 AM by Mowmail.)
Here is an example of how a scrambler should be used
Here
07-14-2012, 06:04 AM
(07-14-2012 03:57 AM)Mowmail Wrote:  Here is an example of how a scrambler should be used
Here

I disagree. Because Sharkfood is a small map, its possible that you might be able to sucker an opponent with a Scrambler buy on your second turn. But I have great difficulty believing its a completely sound move.
07-14-2012, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 07:34 AM by Dawizerd.)
Glitch

I seem to have trouble getting a firm course of action on this map. I spent a good amount of time cowering in fear of his buffed sniper, i suppose i should have spawned one myself and baited him closer. Any input is appreciated.

P.S. turn 18 was a complete brain freeze, I don't know what went through my head with that sniper move.
07-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Art I see your point, and eventually I think people are going to catch on, but for now it is working Tongue
07-14-2012, 12:59 PM
(07-14-2012 07:33 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  Glitch

I seem to have trouble getting a firm course of action on this map. I spent a good amount of time cowering in fear of his buffed sniper, i suppose i should have spawned one myself and baited him closer. Any input is appreciated.

P.S. turn 18 was a complete brain freeze, I don't know what went through my head with that sniper move.

For some reason, you kept moving 4 tiles away from that sniper, at the beginning of the turn, make a little mental note where it is so you can position yourself appropriately to not get picked off again.

I would also suggest not devoting resources into attacking the base until you are confident that you will be able to win in that turn or the next one. For example, in turn 14, you move into the lower corner and take a point from the base. Although this eventually worked in your favor, it is inefficient. Save those wits for setting up your final offensive.

As for the buffed sniper. I deal with them using a runner to spot and a soldier 5 hexes away. If the sniper moves forward, take it out with the soldier. Alternatively, you can have your own sniper 5 hexes with a runner for vision.

Also, turn 24 I think. You move your medic back away from the spawn. Why? For that wit cost, you could have buffed that runner you spawned or moved the runner instead. A few turns later, you move the medic back at the cost of another wit. If you were just trying to barricade the front, try to be as movement efficient as possible.