Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(01-29-2013 06:05 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 05:50 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Is it a good idea to heal your medic if you have two so they don't die as easily?
Maybe if you are sending one out with the army, or if you know your opponent is spawning a lot of runners, but I wouldn't do it every time.

Personally I don't, because spawning two medics on one side of the map, buffing each other, then moving a medic to the other side takes about 4 more wits than just spawning a medic on the other side. An opponent has to spend at least 2 wits, plus a spawn, to kill an unboosted medic, while it takes you maybe 3 wits to recover and get a new medic.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 01:07 PM by EkoFox.)
(01-31-2013 11:12 AM)Ralphabetsoup Wrote:  EkoFox: So, on t12 I should set up bs and wait for him to come to me?
Exactly. Turn 14, I would have invested in a medic, boosted your soldiers (He had a few heavies) and set up a layer of soldiers around your Bombshell. As soon as he tries to advance, boom.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-31-2013, 07:14 PM
(01-29-2013 10:06 AM)Bulby37 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yv73UAgw
This was a friendly game against a fellow that I know is a little better than I am, hence I always ramp up the experimentation. I had one go for broke strategy that almost worked here, but I couldn't pull it off. Any tips?

Only a few things I noticed:

Turn 7: you left your Scrambler wide open to counter attack, which still ended up working out ok, but it's generally a good idea to make them work a little harder to kill it.

Turn 9: instead of moving your runner down one space, you could have moved your newly spawned runner up to kill his. It's a minor change but it would have allowed you to deploy the other runner into his fog of war making it harder for him to hunt it down and kill it. In the end the result would have been the same, be cause he'd also just spawned a runner.

Your medic was pretty useless the whole game, it might have been a good idea to move him next to your spawn point just in case a buffed runner was necessary or something.

I'm no expert to be sure, but maybe that helped Smile

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-01-2013, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 12:42 AM by aaronINdayton.)
(01-29-2013 10:06 AM)Bulby37 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yv73UAgwAny tips?

Neat idea, turn 7 you can see it's not going to work out, another option would be to scramble the heavy, hit the solider, bring it back and heal it to 5 with your medic then kill the soldier with your runner. If you had boosted your starting heavy earlier this would give you two 5hp heavies ready to attack! Pretty hard to handle on SFI, especially if you can keep a medic around to heal.

You might want to try this same idea but with an extra soldier and without the early runner strike, if your opponent gets lazy on defense because they haven't seen you, a scrambler double soldier heavy medic team might win it for you.
(01-29-2013 02:53 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvqbUAgw thanks for any advice!
Also this one in the world cup: http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y24PSAgw

First game
T6 you trade a boosted solider and a runner for an unboosted soldier. This put you far behind

T8 you needed to save your sniper, moving it back and medic boosting it and killing their runner is probably the correct play, after T9 you've lost it!

Second game
T5 you took the fight to the middle, where he was able to fight back with his sniper. You also traded your sniper and a runner for a boosted soldier, not usually a good trade, especially when they can defend with their whole team afterward.

T11 you traded basically your whole team to kill his mobi : )

If you want to abuse mobi on reaper, trying focusing on the side instead of the middle, pulling your heavy over and spawning snipers and mobiing them down, since their spawn is far away it can be very hard to deal with.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-01-2013, 01:05 AM
(01-27-2013 01:15 PM)jbadams01 Wrote:  Is this a good game? outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlbvJAgw

While scrambled runner wins are one of the coolest ways to win IMO, both sides made a lot of errors. First one for you is on turn 3 killing his medic instead of starting sniper. There was no way he'd move it down a hex, no way.

Overall you were too dependent on scramblers and your opponent could have won easily if they didn't leave a runner hanging around your spawn without blocking access to their base.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-01-2013, 06:14 AM
(02-01-2013 12:03 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 10:06 AM)Bulby37 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yv73UAgwAny tips?

Neat idea, turn 7 you can see it's not going to work out, another option would be to scramble the heavy, hit the solider, bring it back and heal it to 5 with your medic then kill the soldier with your runner. If you had boosted your starting heavy earlier this would give you two 5hp heavies ready to attack! Pretty hard to handle on SFI, especially if you can keep a medic around to heal.

You might want to try this same idea but with an extra soldier and without the early runner strike, if your opponent gets lazy on defense because they haven't seen you, a scrambler double soldier heavy medic team might win it for you.
I saw that shiny base and immediately lost any semblance of strategery Blush The thought to heal up and regroup never really occurred to me. And Elpared's economy of movement suggestion is Rollin around in my brain cell too. Thanks guys!

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
02-03-2013, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 07:12 AM by ElPared.)
So... that was fast

How could I have handled this better? It seems like I lost around my second or third turn and I can't really see how I could have handled it differently to come out ahead

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Me vs clever

I accidentally moved my medic instead of my soldier on turn 20. What else did i do wrong?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-03-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 08:49 AM by laYahooz.)
(02-03-2013 07:55 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Me vs clever

I accidentally moved my medic instead of my soldier on turn 20. What else did i do wrong?

Turn 4: so There is a boosted heavy coming in! Not worth hitting yet since if that heavy is boosted than his medic is in range to reboots. Think about it, he must have moved his medi to boost the early heavy Smile
Turn 5: thank god he didn't boost that heavy!
Turn 7: an unfortunate miscalculation. Just try to set priorities on kill order. Such as, runner on spawn 1st priority, then soldier, then his heavy who wasn't a it threat.
Turn 14: you did it other times this match but your scouting isn't good. Put the runner somewhere safe (out of sniper distance) where you can still view stuff.
Turn 16: love the offense! Nice job.
Turn 22: keep that sniper alive!
Turn 26: you really hate heavies lol. Just kill the sniper. The heavy is a slow poke. You can avoid him and kill him later when you actually have the wits too. Also you would have known there was a sniper their if you watched a couple replays back (which I understand could be boring)
Turn 28: dont heal runners for fun. There is a soldier there that will kill it whether healed or not. Would have been better to kiss that soldier back up for 4hp
And then it was GG

tip of laYahooz: plan your attack.
Watch the replay.... Where are you attacking? Everywhere! On sweetie plains just focus on one area for attacking and the other areas for defense and some offense support. Watch STs. They tend to spawn their attack in that upper spawn space. You kind of attacking everywhere at once and you cannot gain any advantage doing so. Focus on areas you want to control on sweetie plains.
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
(02-03-2013 08:47 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:55 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Me vs clever

Turn 4: so There is a boosted heavy coming in! Not worth hitting yet since if that heavy is boosted than his medic is in range to reboots. Think about it, he must have moved his medi to boost the early heavy Smile
Turn 5: thank god he didn't boost that heavy!
Turn 7: an unfortunate miscalculation. Just try to set priorities on kill order. Such as, runner on spawn 1st priority, then soldier, then his heavy who wasn't a it threat.
Turn 14: you did it other times this match but your scouting isn't good. Put the runner somewhere safe (out of sniper distance) where you can still view stuff.
Turn 16: love the offense! Nice job.
Turn 22: keep that sniper alive!
Turn 26: you really hate heavies lol. Just kill the sniper. The heavy is a slow poke. You can avoid him and kill him later when you actually have the wits too. Also you would have known there was a sniper their if you watched a couple replays back (which I understand could be boring)
Turn 28: dont heal runners for fun. There is a soldier there that will kill it whether healed or not. Would have been better to kiss that soldier back up for 4hp
And then it was GG

tip of laYahooz: plan your attack.
Watch the replay.... Where are you attacking? Everywhere! On sweetie plains just focus on one area for attacking and the other areas for defense and some offense support. Watch STs. They tend to spawn their attack in that upper spawn space. You kind of attacking everywhere at once and you cannot gain any advantage doing so. Focus on areas you want to control on sweetie plains.

On turn 14, he didn't move any units so i knew he spawned a scrambler. I moved my runner there cuz i was hoping he moved the scrambler of the spawn space so my runner could kill it but he healed it instead.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…