One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Clan league! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Clan league! (/showthread.php?tid=945)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft - CombatEX - 12-08-2012 11:57 AM

(12-08-2012 11:15 AM)Coolio Wrote:  Another idea: instead of using a middle man, each clan would use their leader. The leader of team 1 would announce publicly who they want in the first game. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want playing against that person. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want to play in game 2 and leader of team 1 would say who tey want playing that person. This way both leaders are equal in they both go first and second in the game-making process.

I think this method would be a little more interesting because the leaders have a little more control of the matchups. Some games could still be more points then others too.

The discussion is continued in this thread so maybe post over there instead?

RE: Clan league! - onealexleft - 12-08-2012 12:17 PM

Cool format!
Having just watched the IPL 5/GSL tournaments for SC2 over the weekend, was curious if anyone considered an all-kill format for team league games? Format rundown:
- each team has a bench of players
- each match is a best of 1
- at start, each team selects 1 player to begin the series
- winner stays, losing team selects another player from their bench to take on the winner
- first to 5 wins (basically an overall best of 9) wins the series.

That stuff gets crazy edge-of-your-seat intense when teams are pretty evenly matched, and introduces a pretty crazy meta game to the match up as well such as certain players being chosen for their strength in a specific map/match-up. Nothing like rooting for the team that is down 0-4 and watching the crazy reverse all-kill comeback to win the series :>.

RE: Clan league! - alexjiang1 - 12-08-2012 12:19 PM

(12-08-2012 12:17 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Cool format!
Having just watched the IPL 5/GSL tournaments for SC2 over the weekend, was curious if anyone considered an all-kill format for team league games? Format rundown:
- winner stays, losing team selects another player from their bench to take on the winner

That stuff gets crazy edge-of-your-seat intense when teams are pretty evenly matched, and introduces a pretty crazy meta game to the match up as well such as certain players being chosen for their strength in a specific map/match-up. Nothing like rooting for the team that is down 0-4 and watching the crazy reverse all-kill comeback to win the series :>.

That sounds amazing, gfich what do you think.

RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft - Coolio - 12-08-2012 02:57 PM

O couldn't find the new thread lol so thanks.

RE: Clan league! - Coolio - 12-08-2012 03:01 PM

Saw that you were thinking of using a middle man to decide matchups...
Another idea: instead of using a middle man, each clan would use their leader. The leader of team 1 would announce publicly who they want in the first game. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want playing against that person. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want to play in game 2 and leader of team 1 would say who tey want playing that person. This way both leaders are equal in they both go first and second in the game-making process.

I think this method would be a little more interesting because the leaders have a little more control of the matchups. Some games could still be more points then others too.

RE: Clan league! - TheQwertiest - 12-08-2012 07:09 PM

(12-03-2012 06:04 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  On a side note, if you want to pick on someone, it shouldn't be iPro. It should be Anonymous. Have you looked at their lineup?

I didnt really follow this thread but i saw your negative rep and it led me here.
why pick on anonymous? we never advertised that we only want super titans or the top ranked players. i dont know why but no one other than jacs9 applied for the clan. you can check the whole thread if you want. i started the clan as open to everyone but no one seemed interested in joining so i changed it to by invitation (even when i changed it to by invitation i wrote that people can still apply on the thread) and when we got a stable number of members i reverted it back to open to all. i dont think we should be picked on because of that. Sad

RE: Clan league! - Necrocat219 - 12-08-2012 07:38 PM

Just noting I removed the negative rating. I realized I was being patronizing and I should have said what I said through pm anyway. It's the correction of small mistakes like this that let a community and it's individuals improve Smile

RE: Clan league! - Gf!sh - 12-08-2012 10:18 PM

(12-08-2012 12:17 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Cool format!

That would be pure awesomeness for a tournament.

So it would be 5 ppl per team, facing off until there's one man left.

RE: Clan league! - Harti - 12-09-2012 12:13 AM

Whoa this is actually an awesome idea, I'd be in!

RE: Clan league! - Necrocat219 - 12-09-2012 12:27 AM

That sounds amazing! Big Grin