One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitter Burnout - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitter Burnout (/showthread.php?tid=910)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Outwitter Burnout - Zguignou - 11-21-2012 10:21 AM

Same feeling here.

I drastically reduced my games and ended up playing almost exclusively 2v2 games.
The main reason ?

I was playing most of the time the exact same player and always as player2. This guy is launching so much games...
And he was, and still is , a turtling player 1 who never attack unless he has a wall of five BS. I'm tired of fighting bombshells. I've got a infinite game running on peekaboo... Sharkfood is always a loss, I tried everything. I can win sometimes on bigger maps.

I'm a bit back with the update. I'm enjoying the+1 wit on kills, and I started fighting this same player, and I'm still player2, EACH TIME. I didn't play enough games to build a strong opinion yet, but I have the feeling the update isn't changing anything against turtling player 1. I can put a strongest pressure on him, but it just pushing the BS spawn for a few turns. Then the first BS come, then the second...

I also feel my burnout will come quickly Sad

RE: Outwitter Burnout - Bluegodzill - 11-21-2012 12:47 PM

I've burned out several times in the history of me playing Outwitters. I've just recovered from one recently. It seems like every time I try too hard at the game I go on a losing streak, then I remember I'm just trying to have fun. I can't believe that you, Alvendor, actually burned out too, since you were pro ever since I started playing which was when around when you did (XD). Although, I have a renewed interest in outwitters now since this update, veggienauts are pretty fun and they fixed FTA, so why not come back and play?

RE: Outwitter Burnout - GoHeat 3 - 11-21-2012 12:55 PM

(11-21-2012 12:47 PM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  It seems like every time I try too hard at the game I go on a losing streak, then I remember I'm just trying to have fun.
Quote of the day! Big Grin

RE: Outwitter Burnout - poweewee - 11-21-2012 01:15 PM

I'm almost at the burnout phase (especially when playing the same player as P2, as mentioned), but I guess the update came at the right time for me. Now I have new strategies and maps to discover. Smile

RE: Outwitter Burnout - daHsu - 11-21-2012 01:21 PM

I thought I was burning out... but this update brings whole new mechanics into the game! First off, I usually hope I'm P2. And with the attack/wit bonus thing, both sides can make huge turns, which makes attacking better than turtling. I've switched from mobis to scramblers, and it basically seems like a whole new game!

RE: Outwitter Burnout - Alvendor - 11-21-2012 10:47 PM

(11-21-2012 01:15 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I'm almost at the burnout phase (especially when playing the same player as P2, as mentioned), but I guess the update came at the right time for me. Now I have new strategies and maps to discover. Smile

Yep this update was definitely needed. There is no lag anymore either, earlier I had to wait several seconds for every move which was incredibly frustrating.

Smooth gameplay, new stuff and fixed FTA makes it much more fun!

RE: Outwitter Burnout - LortGob - 11-22-2012 12:55 AM

Actually I was surpised how long it lasted before I limited the amount of games. I've been playing 20-30 games simultaneously since early summer and only recently dropped down to a around 10.

So good job for keeping me hooked for that long Wink

RE: Outwitter Burnout - Riptor - 11-22-2012 08:11 PM

From my side, I left the game because I was always player 2 and I lost almost all my games, and turtling was so boring.

I'm back with this update and all major faults are corrected for me, and I love the new team and the new maps.

So I play more and more games now, thanks OML !! Big Grin