One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Holiday problem. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Holiday problem. (/showthread.php?tid=379)

Holiday problem. - Spikeywan - 07-18-2012 10:51 AM

I haven't initiated any new games for ages, but still have 14 unfinished games.

The problem is, I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday, and probably won't have Internet access.

So my ranking is going to take a hugh trashing when I lose 14 games!

Is there anything I can do?

RE: Holiday problem. - brayton - 07-18-2012 11:03 AM

Fight your way back up, itll be fun for you to win millions in a row and get promoted

RE: Holiday problem. - xSkeletalx - 07-18-2012 12:59 PM

You can hope the opponents in your games don't make any moves for 5 days - though that might not be likely!

RE: Holiday problem. - Glorishears - 07-18-2012 01:37 PM

You can try to win before Friday.
If your opponents are clearly losing, you can politely ask them to resign -- only if the result should be very clear.
You can request that your opponents put off making their move for five or six days, so that your seven-day clock won't start until well into your holiday.

RE: Holiday problem. - Kamikaze28 - 07-18-2012 05:18 PM

(07-18-2012 01:37 PM)Glorishears Wrote:  You can try to win before Friday.
If your opponents are clearly losing, you can politely ask them to resign -- only if the result should be very clear.
You can request that your opponents put off making their move for five or six days, so that your seven-day clock won't start until well into your holiday.

The time for the system to auto-forfeit a game due to inactivity is 4 days now. You will receive a warning after 3 days.

RE: Holiday problem. - Glorishears - 07-18-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:The time for the system to auto-forfeit a game due to inactivity is 4 days now. You will receive a warning after 3 days.

Sorry, yes, I knew that. So you can ask your opponents not to move until they get the one-day warning, (should be 3 days), they you'll have another 3 days before your warning = 6 days! Problem solved. If they cooperate.