One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Remove 2v2 league from free version - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Remove 2v2 league from free version (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - didgeralien - 11-13-2013 07:20 AM

did I offend you? If so I apologize

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - TheGreatErenan - 11-13-2013 07:43 AM

I am offended by apologies. Angry

j/k

Um... if you require players to pay to unlock league 2v2, then all of the players who play league 2v2 for free currently will be like, "!&*(##&*$^(^#*&#&(*#&)^%$#" and probably also "#@&*(&#@(*$&)#@($&*()#@&($" and maybe even "$#@*(!@)(*&#@*&$)@!(*&^" if they are really prone to anger. And then those players will flood the forum with angry comments.

Honestly, how many new players start with 2v2 instead of 1v1? In my case, I think I tried both and decided quickly that 1v1 was the way to go for me.

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - TheGoldenGriffin - 11-13-2013 07:47 AM

Apparently A LOT. I'm happy that i FINALLY got to clever tier but theres still that threat that i'll get dragged back to fluffy.

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - Juslas - 11-14-2013 04:53 PM

Attracting new players and keeping them is vital. 2v2 arranged does that, since you got a teammate!
But 2v2 random, slow pace of Outwitters in general, are big turn offs for new players. And since matchmaking thinks any match is better than no match at all, Super Titans do get paired with fluffy or newbie quitters who can't take the slow pace of the game.
We should have achievements and rewards for new players. Twenty league wins could open 2v2 random, regardless if you payed or not. My point is that newbies had to be excluded to randomly launching 2v2r matches and ruining the day from those of us who take Outwitters way too seriously ;-)

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - TheGreatErenan - 11-15-2013 03:03 AM

Maybe a warning or something that says "Beware! This mode can be very unforgiving for new players!"

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - DimebagDerek - 11-15-2013 03:35 AM

Some of my friends couldn't get into the game because of wait times in between moves. 2v2 is so much slower paced. I could see it being something that is unlocked by playing. That would lessen the chance of getting those random timeout players.

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - TheGoldenGriffin - 11-15-2013 08:32 AM

Or a two day time limit so it'd be a six day wait at most. And a warning that the time limit for 2v2 is 2 days, not 5 like 1v1

RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - bobolynx - 11-16-2013 05:15 PM

I voted yes but I still think f2p is still something that should exist, however even 10 games seems preposterously small