Poll: Remove 2v2 random from free to play version
Yes, make 2v2 better.
No (= I do not care about 2v2)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove 2v2 league from free version
10-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Remove 2v2 league from free version
In order to attract new players to stay with Outwitters - 2v2 game mode actually works negatively for beginners. There are too many time outs and disasteriously slow game play. 2v2 random should be open only to paying customers. Arranged on the other hand can be used by active members to teach newbies to love Outwitters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version
All 2v2s locked at beginning
5 league wins: unlock friendly 2v2s
10 wins: 2v2 random for league unlocked
Purchase something: unlocks arranged, league 2v2

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
10-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Meh. Gameplay should be free, extra features should be locked.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-07-2013, 07:32 PM
(10-04-2013 05:36 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  All 2v2s locked at beginning
5 league wins: unlock friendly 2v2s
10 wins: 2v2 random for league unlocked
Purchase something: unlocks arranged, league 2v2

While I'm not sure that purchasing something should be required for 2v2, adding the win barrier would probably be beneficial for the game. Putting something substantial for league 2v2 like 15 wins would probably reduce the number of timeouts since if people are playing that much, there's a higher likelihood they'll stay for longer.

[Image: sig.png]
11-11-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013 05:35 PM by Juslas.)
I have currently two 2v2 random matches waiting for newbie to be timed out for their second turn!
It is much better to have no game than have these newbie quitters filling up my pressious 35 slots ;-)

2v2 leagues should be omitted from free to play all together, immediately, please.
Better to wait for a week for paying customer than being screwed for 5 days by free rider (and waisted match time is more than one players time out time, of course.)
11-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I voted yes.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-12-2013, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:56 PM by CombatEX.)
As a long time top 10 2v2 Arranged player I obviously care about 2v2, yet I voted no. Perhaps free players should have to unlock 2v2 by finishing 5 1v1 games, but I don't think locking players out of 2v2 entirely is the way to go. Some people don't enjoy 1v1 games and/or have anxiety when all the burden is placed on them (as it is in 1v1). As a result, these people would primarily be interested in trying out 2v2. If 2v2 is completely inaccessible these potential customers can be turned away.

A lesser reason why I voted no is that I'm not sure this is much of a problem. Surely once you have been placed you don't encounter as many inactive players. I know that in all my time playing 2v2 arranged I never encountered new players who just stopped playing after I was placed (this is in Master and Super Titan, perhaps in Gifted and under you still play new players?).

I do agree with what you said about arranged vs random. If you have a friend who enjoys team games and you want to introduce them to Outwitters through 2v2, you wouldn't be able to do this if 2v2 arranged is locked for free players. So I concur that 2v2 arranged should always be available even to free players. Players who sought out a partner to play arranged, even as a free player, are far less likely to simply abandon the game.

Possible Compromise?
Perhaps new accounts can have a period where they are branded a "new account". These accounts will have a 1 day turn limit until they have met some threshold to no longer be considered new (perhaps something like 20 turns played to remove the "new" status from your profile). This way you don't have people starting a game and then never playing Outwitters again yet still clogging up a slot for 4 days. At most these people will take up 1 day for their game to expire.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-13-2013, 02:53 AM
Yes, there needs to be another option: once a player has played X amount of games, 2v2 is unlocked.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-13-2013, 06:15 AM

I agree whole heartedly. I have had many games, not just random, time out. This leads to the following consequences:
A game slot is filled with no activity
I may receive credit for the win, but it is a hollow victory
I learn nothing
My team mate learns nothing
With so many random games unfinished by clear victory or defeat, my profile has a long list of meaningless information
Possible motivation for new players:
I would like to be able to communicate directly with all members of the 2v2 privately. Currently that is not available, except here in the forums. I would guess that most new players and beginners do not go to the forums. Being able to converse certainly could establish more familiarity with my partner, but more important, I think with my opponents. Perhaps find out why there is no activity from there side. I certainly have posted chats, but very, very rarely do I receive a reply. Probably because only my partner and I are paying any attention.
Quote: Posted by CombatEX - Today 02:44 AM
I know that in all my time playing 2v2 arranged I never encountered new players who just stopped playing after I was placed (this is in Master and Super Titan, perhaps in Gifted and under you still play new players?).

Your answer to new players being in the Gifted and under is yes. I have played against several Gifted with 6 league wins. I have also beaten same and usually get flamed and told to never, ever even think about playing outwitters again, lest I should die. These types of players are a problem. If I wasn't at the bottom Clever League 19 I probably wouldn't come in contact with them, but even though I have been a fully invested player since the very beginning, I just happen to be a slower learner than others whom have been playing along with me for the same length of time. I have paid for all of the possible extras because outwitters is very important to me. I love to play and try, try, try to get better. I am creeping up the ladder, but at a 3 steps forward 2 steps back rate. Blush

Quote:Possible Compromise? Posted by CombatEX - Today 02:44 AM
Perhaps new accounts can have a period where they are branded a "new account". These accounts will have a 1 day turn limit until they have met some threshold to no longer be considered new (perhaps something like 20 turns played to remove the "new" status from your profile). This way you don't have people starting a game and then never playing Outwitters again yet still clogging up a slot for 4 days. At most these people will take up 1 day for their game to expire.

I think this is a great idea. We have turn limits in tournaments for this very reason. I think it is worth a try. ASAP

I voted yes

didgeralien
...winter is coming...
11-13-2013, 07:03 AM
(11-13-2013 06:15 AM)didgeralien Wrote:  

I agree whole heartedly. I have had many games, not just random, time out. This leads to the following consequences:
A game slot is filled with no activity
I may receive credit for the win, but it is a hollow victory
I learn nothing
My team mate learns nothing
With so many random games unfinished by clear victory or defeat, my profile has a long list of meaningless information
Possible motivation for new players:
I would like to be able to communicate directly with all members of the 2v2 privately. Currently that is not available, except here in the forums. I would guess that most new players and beginners do not go to the forums. Being able to converse certainly could establish more familiarity with my partner, but more important, I think with my opponents. Perhaps find out why there is no activity from there side. I certainly have posted chats, but very, very rarely do I receive a reply. Probably because only my partner and I are paying any attention.
Quote: Posted by CombatEX - Today 02:44 AM
I know that in all my time playing 2v2 arranged I never encountered new players who just stopped playing after I was placed (this is in Master and Super Titan, perhaps in Gifted and under you still play new players?).

Your answer to new players being in the Gifted and under is yes. I have played against several Gifted with 6 league wins. I have also beaten same and usually get flamed and told to never, ever even think about playing outwitters again, lest I should die. These types of players are a problem. If I wasn't at the bottom Clever League 19 I probably wouldn't come in contact with them, but even though I have been a fully invested player since the very beginning, I just happen to be a slower learner than others whom have been playing along with me for the same length of time. I have paid for all of the possible extras because outwitters is very important to me. I love to play and try, try, try to get better. I am creeping up the ladder, but at a 3 steps forward 2 steps back rate. Blush

Quote:Possible Compromise? Posted by CombatEX - Today 02:44 AM

I think this is a great idea. We have turn limits in tournaments for this very reason. I think it is worth a try. ASAP

I voted yes

Hmm, unusual font.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!